Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Coral

Options
  • 28-07-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

One of the the most unestimated bands out there. A great back catalogue and have had some amazing singles. I saw them support both Oasis and the Arctic Monkeys and they are brillant live. The new album is top too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

The new album is a cracker. Their singles collection is also flawless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

Good article in this months Mojo about them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I love The Invisible Invasion, it's a brilliant album. I've never got around to buying any of their other albums though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

I love The Invisible Invasion, it's a brilliant album. I've never got around to buying any of their other albums though.

Start with the debut, it's a belter.

I think that they are all worth getting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

they are very very underrated
    i never got the hate Lee Mavers from the La's gave 'em.:confused:

Their debut is probably the best thing they've done but thats not saying their other albums aren't bad.

their greatest hits was very strong(they were always a top singles band)

1000 years is their best single they did for years
    very crobsy stills and nash

You can see why Noel gallagher and alex turner love them.

that gig at Malahide castle with the Arctic monkeys The coral and the sadly gone Supergrass was epic

they are very very underrated
    i never got the hate Lee Mavers from the La's gave 'em.:confused:

Their debut is probably the best thing they've done but thats not saying their other albums aren't bad.

their greatest hits was very strong(they were always a top singles band)

1000 years is their best single they did for years
    very crobsy stills and nash

You can see why Noel gallagher and alex turner love them.

that gig at Malahide castle with the Arctic monkeys The coral and the sadly gone Supergrass was epic
    Totally agree with the Malahide thing. Won't mind what Mavers thinks the h he is on and how many times is he going to remaster the one album he ever released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

thesultan wrote: »
    Totally agree with the Malahide thing. Won't mind what Mavers thinks the h he is on and how many times is he going to remaster the one album he ever released?

where you at the saturday or sunday gig?

I agre lee mavers needs to stop rreleasing that great debut album cause he's taking it a bit too far now.

Where did they play? I checked ticketmaster a few weeks back and didn't see any Irish dates

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I agre lee mavers needs to stop rreleasing that great debut album cause he's taking it a bit too far now.

Mavers can't stop Universal Polydor re-releasing 'that album' again and again, but I think he has the, 'right to release', on various radio sessions and other items tagged on at the end of the album, which he used for the recent Callin' All Box set.

He wouldn't have what you'd call an active working relationship with his record label, sadly. That doesn't help.

---

I see more than a little of Mavers in James Skelly, I think their faces are vaguely similar as well, that Liverpudlian jawline.

• Advertisement

At least Skelly hasn't lived off one album for most of his adult life

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

thesultan wrote: »
    At least Skelly hasn't lived off one album for most of his adult life

I don't really want to derail a Coral thread, I'm not going to get into this, but Mavers has never ever promoted that album in a positive light. ;)

Advertisement