Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Friendly Hotels In Cork City??

Options
  • 28-07-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

We are planning a family trip with friend to Cork. We have 4 kids under the age of 4. Can you recommend any family hotels preferably with a swimming pool?

Thanks
    D x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

When my sister came over she stayed in Brookfield Lodge. They have hotel rooms & self catering appartments with a leisure centre which is free to use if you are staying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Denise2008

Thanks! Just had a look it seems nice. Just want somewhere the kids can enjoy and we can relax lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Without trying to sound like I work for them, they had a lot of lawn area's where the kids could play & you could relax on the grass if it was a lazy afternoon. :)

That was just my opinion from walking around there when my sister was here, I never stayed there but the appartments were clean & well maintained. It's close enough to the city centre as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

they have an indoor little creche thing by the pool, as well as an enclosed outdoor play area for kids. they're advertising events in the bar at the moment too - clowns and kids parties and such, as well as live music.

I don't work there either, I just use the leisure centre.

oh, and there's a water slide in the pool. I may be 33, but I'm so going on that for my next birthday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Denise2008

:D Yeah it looks nice. We plan to go to Fota wildlife 1 of the days two just to keep them entertained!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

carrigaline court might be worth a look at. very nice leisure centre. large public playground a few mins stroll away. village on the door step. near a few different beaches. handy for fota on the cross river ferry. my friend from dublin with a 6 and 4 yr old returns there a few times each year.

Advertisement