Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junkies in city centre [MOD WARNING POST #331]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Smokey Bear

Injecting into your leg/groin not good hence reason for crutches or even wheelchairs due amputations.
    Google it some nasty stuff come up !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Injecting into your leg/groin not good hence reason for crutches or even wheelchairs due amputations.

And because the stupid cnunts are forever getting run over,falling over and occasionaly but not often enough,getting a smack of a baseball bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Ye, I think the reason for most amputations in heroin addicts is gangrene from dirty needles. Heroin also extremely ****s up your circulation and collapses veins. Nasty stuff.
    A-Train wrote: »
    I was in town today after an exam and noticed a big Garda presence around Lower Abbey St/ Marborough St area. I was waiting for my bus at the Lotto office and there were lots of vans, lads on the beat and on the bicycles.
    Seemed to have a big impact only counted about 6 junkies around which is a lot less then normal.

Seen it a good few times now where they just go down in one big wave and they seemed to be searching every addict around. Certainly had an effect while they were doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

RMD wrote: »
    The shit that is mixed with street 'heroin' also extremely ****s up your circulation and collapses veins.
    FYP

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

esel wrote: »
    FYP

True, pure Heroin does a lot of damage on it's own, but the crap it's mixed with makes it even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Degsy wrote: »
    "posted by a DCC worker" Disgusting..utterly disgusting.

what I want to know is where were the 6 other DCC workers standing around watching him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

And because the stupid cnunts are forever getting run over,falling over and occasionaly but not often enough,getting a smack of a baseball bat.

The ****ers are forever walking out in front of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

There seem to be a lot of junkies (and general alcoholic smelly shouting tracksuit-wearing people) hanging around between Abbey Street/Liberty Hall and Tara Street DART station.

The worst thing is that there's usually at least one woman in the group holding a buggy with a baby in it. I feel very sad for those children, spending their earliest years surrounded by a group of aggressive, drunk junkies. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I was wondering about why so many are suddenly hanging outside Tara St station these days; I hadn't noticed that previously.

P.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

zynaps wrote: »
    The worst thing is that there's usually at least one woman in the group holding a buggy with a baby in it. I feel very sad for those children, spending their earliest years surrounded by a group of aggressive, drunk junkies. :(

Many of them were those babies, 20 years ago.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Many of them were those babies, 20 years ago.
    Indeed, thus the cycle continues. Sadder still!

Back when I lived just off Dorset Street for a year or so, I looked out the window one day as a mother passed, talking on her mobile phone, followed by two young boys (maybe 2 and 3 years old), followed by the tall and very aggressive father who shouted over the heads of the two boys "you're a stupid ****in' cow". One of the boys turned in surprise, probably thinking "is that how we talk to each other?"

Passed through the same area about a month ago, and happened to see two junkie women roaring and fighting each other, one of them dragging the other by the hair, in front of her own child who was in a buggy, while her husband stood and watched passively. I stepped in and told them both to stop, two or three times. They ignored me and the hair pulling woman's husband said "it's alright, I'm her husband", as if it all made sense.
    Not a great place to live :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

There's always loads around the newsagent at the corner of Westmoreland street. They usually go into the phonebox beisde the junction at O'Connell bridge to deal.

I see them every single day when going to/from work.

While waiting on my bus in the evenings, the amount of junkies / bums that need change to have a cup of tea is phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

oceanclub wrote: »
    I was wondering about why so many are suddenly hanging outside Tara St station these days; I hadn't noticed that previously.

P.

I saw at least 20 of them on Monday outside Tara st street station on Monday, and they were visibly dealing. It was like an open air drugs market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

There's two methadone clinics within a 5 minute walk from Tara Street station,so they probably hang around here before/after they get their methadone to buy whatever pills/gear they need to keep them going.

RMD wrote: »
    True, pure Heroin does a lot of damage on it's own, but the crap it's mixed with makes it even worse.
    Pure heroin (diamorphine), afaik, does not contribute to the type of damage we are talking about here. Unless you know different....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Paulzx

D1976 wrote: »
    I saw at least 20 of them on Monday outside Tara st street station on Monday, and they were visibly dealing. It was like an open air drugs market.

Its always crawling with junkies around there. Has been going on for years. They attend Trinity House methadone clinic and then come down Townsend St and Luke St.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

STFU.

GSADUYA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Lemsiper wrote: »
    GSADUYA.

what that mean...? i googled it and the first thing to come up was this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

spider_pig wrote: »
    what that mean...? i googled it and the first thing to come up was this thread

Go shove a .... up your... I'm sure you can work the rest out.

Got off a bus at Abbey St last Thursday. It really is like running a gauntlet - various groups of them arguing between each other and shouting over to other groups. I passed by one girl standing there just asking every passer by have they got a smoke, like some sort of robot.

It's been a while since I got a bus into town but in that area of Abbey/Talbot/Marlborough St it really does seem to have gotten worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭ch2008

I run a business on Abbey Street and today somebody came in and told one of the staff that there's a meeting about this in the Mansion house on wednesday. Anyone hear anything about that? Can't find it online...

• Advertisement

Lemsiper wrote: »
    GSADUYA.
    IBTIB * :D

Not your ornery onager

There was loads of them dealing beside the abbey theatre at 8.30 this morning.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    big wow. you see this all the time in big cities. from my experience she is neither dead nor unconscious, just out of it.

In my experience,at least in dublin..well-dressed black women tend not to be junkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

MediumWell wrote: »
    Go shove a .... up your... I'm sure you can work the rest out.

Nope, must try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

ch2008 wrote: »
    I run a business on Abbey Street and today somebody came in and told one of the staff that there's a meeting about this in the Mansion house on wednesday. Anyone hear anything about that? Can't find it online...

Dear BID member,

We are hosting our quarterly Street Meeting on the 15th of September at 11am in the Oak Room at the Mansion House, Dawson Street, Dublin 2.

Please note that we are changing the format of our Street Meetings.

1) There will be no evening meeting.

2) This meeting caters for all of the BID area.

I would greatly appreciate if you could confirm your attendance by emailing jeanette.healy@dublincitybid.ie or by calling the office on 01-6334680.

Kind regards,

Jeanette
    Dublin City Centre BID Company Ltd.
    O'Connell Bridge House
    Level 2
    D'Olier Street
    Dublin 2

T: +353 1 6334680
    D: +353 1 8994015
    F: +353 1 6334683
    E: jeanette.healy@dublincitybid.ie
    W: www.dublincitybid.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Those BID people really have an uphill struggle!
    BID wrote:
    The Dublin City Business Improvement District is a not-for-profit organisation that works, on behalf of its members, to create an attractive, welcoming, vibrant and economically successful BID area. We achieve this by working in partnership with city authorities and other organisations in the area and by delivering a range of cost-effective improvements and additional services creating a Cleaner, Greener & Safer city centre for all stakeholders.

Our role is to enhance the appeal of the city centre as a place for shopping, recreation and business development. We work to meet these objectives through the development and delivery of programmes of enhanced street cleaning, graffiti removal, security co-operation, marketing and events.

The BID has an annual budget of almost €2.5m to deliver a range of additional improvement services for the area. Where introduced in other countries around the world, typical Business Improvement District services and initiatives have proven to increase footfall, decrease crime and increase overall trading performance for businesses in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

gurramok wrote: »
    Those BID people really have an uphill struggle!

Anyone who pays the BID levy ie. Rates in the BID area can attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

just back from town there and was amazed at some the things i had witnessed as iv never spent so much time there waiting around.
    it was at the board walk eden quay
    i stood there with a friend who was waiting for a bus for over an hour (the side that bus's go south)
    it seemed the junkies would walk up and down looking for a snatch, one guy walked up and back down and stood rite beside some women with her phone out texting
    he stopped beside her put his hat down then took his jumper off and then bent down pretending to mess with his shoe while looking up at her and
    then picked up his hat and jumper and stood there scratching his head waiting for the rite time but the women luckily put the phone away in time.
    he had stood there for a good 6-7 min
    is it all ways like that on that side of the road my side is the other side never really see anything happen there except a few hanging at the corner

There was loads of them dealing beside the abbey theatre at 8.30 this morning.
    The hell. If you can get up and into town by 8:30am, you can pretty much achieve anything. How can they have the self-discipline to be out of bed and in town that early, but get strung out on drugs? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Methadone clinics open around 10am, those who can't wait that long take heroin then sell the methadone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement