Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junkies in city centre [MOD WARNING POST #331]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

lods wrote: »
    Anyone who pays the BID levy ie. Rates in the BID area can attend.

How did the meeting go? Any action taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

zynaps wrote: »
    How can they have the self-discipline to be out of bed and in town that early

I'd imagine a few of them don't have a bed, as such, and sleep in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

A good amount of addicts are probably living in hostels in and around the inner city and would have to be up and out of them pretty early too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The hell. If you can get up and into town by 8:30am, you can pretty much achieve anything. How can they have the self-discipline to be out of bed and in town that early, but get strung out on drugs? :confused:

Maybe because the urge to score drugs is stronger than the urge to stay in bed..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Degsy wrote: »
    Maybe because the urge to score drugs is stronger than the urge to stay in bed..
    Nice. How come those articles you see online with self-motivation tips never say "Late riser? Try heroin addiction to get you out of the bed bright and early!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Nice. How come those articles you see online with self-motivation tips never say "Late riser? Try heroin addiction to get you out of the bed bright and early!" :D

Cocaine is better..you dont sleep at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

My bus route is full of them

I paid 900 euro for an annual travel pass.
    They have a battered piece of cardboard issued to them or at least some dodgy fake.

Sometimes I think they are clever and it's me that is the fool :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

this thread seemed to have been buried a little
    what happen'd there toady outside spar on the corner of upper talbot street kinda missed it by a few seconds got a picture tho about 5 gardai to arrest one junkie :confused: (looks like there is 4 but there is actually 5)
    61838_483745746080_689576080_7057580_3860755_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

spider_pig wrote: »
    this thread seemed to have been buried a little

It's just anecdote after anecdote.
    spider_pig wrote: »
    about 5 gardai to arrest one junkie :confused: (looks like there is 4 but there is actually 5)

Of course. They can't punch him, kick him, choke him, where as he will be spitting, kicking like a mule, lashing out, biting, scraping and bucking. Mind you, you will still here scumbags shouting "ah yeah, five of you to hold me down" when bouncers or Gardai apprehend them. They obviously think they are the biggest son of a b***ch in the valley,;) where as really, they haven't got a clue and if it did come to a toe to toe they would be staring at the back of their eyeballs for a night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

John_Rambo wrote: »

Of course. They can't punch him, kick him, choke him, where as he will be spitting, kicking like a mule, lashing out, biting, scraping and bucking. Mind you, you will still here scumbags shouting "ah yeah, five of you to hold me down" when bouncers or Gardai apprehend them. They obviously think they are the biggest son of a b***ch in the valley,;) where as really, they haven't got a clue and if it did come to a toe to toe they would be staring at the back of their eyeballs for a night.

I said it many times: it's for that reason that junkies, I mean "persons who consume substances (feckin' pc :rolleyes:)" are left alone; they get away with murder by causing it.

• Advertisement

he actually didnt open his mouth once the hole ten min i stood there with the rest the by standers (about 60 grannys) which was a lot at that time of day.
    but for once this guy didint cause anything of a scene which was weird as they usually do kick off something terrible but i suppose they took some precaution

I said it many times: it's for that reason that junkies, I mean "persons who consume substances (feckin' pc :rolleyes:)" are left alone; they get away with murder by causing it.

Sames true in all walks of life. Scream and shout in A&E in a hospital, chances are you will get seen to sooner just to shut you up. Not nice, but there will always be a minority that will chance it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 worldclass

So last night as I was walking through Temple Bar on my way to the gym (about 8pm), I saw what has now topped my own personal experience of shocking public behaviour from junkies.. and to make it worse it was happening in full view/earshot of about 40 tourists with no Garda in sight :mad:

This female junkie was walking towards Westmoreland street screaming at full volume,with her head cocked all the way back, AAANNNNNDDDDDYYYYYYYY- Once, Twice, Three times - a voice then responds from up the road shouting, FUCCCKKKKKKKIIIIINNNNNN WHHAAAAAAA - Her response is what shocked me!

She grabs her self between the legs and screams - I WAAAANNNNAAAAA POXYYY RIDDDEEE YEEE!!!! shouts it twice and then to clarify for those of us unfamiliar with Dublin slang.. She shouts.. I WANNNNAAAAA FUUUCCKCCKKK YE ANDY!!!! :eek:

I actually got embarrassed by her and can't even begin to imagine how these visitors would mentally process this madness...

An intervention is needed and it's needed now :(

It's just anecdote after anecdote
    worldclass wrote: »
    So last night as I was walking through Temple Bar

So the other day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ph3n0m666

So last night as I was walking through Temple Bar on my way to the gym (about 8pm), I saw what has now topped my own personal experience of shocking public behaviour from junkies.. and to make it worse it was happening in full view/earshot of about 40 tourists with no Garda in sight :mad:

This female junkie was walking towards Westmoreland street screaming at full volume,with her head cocked all the way back, AAANNNNNDDDDDYYYYYYYY- Once, Twice, Three times - a voice then responds from up the road shouting, FUCCCKKKKKKKIIIIINNNNNN WHHAAAAAAA - Her response is what shocked me!

She grabs her self between the legs and screams - I WAAAANNNNAAAAA POXYYY RIDDDEEE YEEE!!!! shouts it twice and then to clarify for those of us unfamiliar with Dublin slang.. She shouts.. I WANNNNAAAAA FUUUCCKCCKKK YE ANDY!!!! :eek:

I actually got embarrassed by her and can't even begin to imagine how these visitors would mentally process this madness...

best shag I ever got ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Quality free entertainment TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

And yet again a pair of zombie junkies crossed the road in front of fast flowing traffic including me this morning while it was lashing down.

They are a danger to themselves and everyone else.:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Few of them seemed to be dealing pretty much beside the Abbey Street Luas stop yesterday afternoon, anyone standing close could easily hear them talking about purchasing some gear and the like. Two Gardai showed up and the junkies hopped onto the next LUAS soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

There was a group of 10 or so addicts drinking cans in plain view,exchanging pills with each other in plain view and roaring abuse at each other in their unique accent from opposite sides of the road at the bus stop outside supervalu,beside the square in tallaght at about 4pm yesterday as I was waiting for the bus.They all then trundled off and got on the LUAS,to town presumably.

Sames true in all walks of life. Scream and shout in A&E in a hospital, chances are you will get seen to sooner just to shut you up. Not nice, but there will always be a minority that will chance it.

Yeah but screamig and ranting is a bit different to being high and not having a problem at taking a swing at people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Enter Username

Jay D wrote: »
    Is it just me or does this thread encourage you to fall asleep?

Why do you read it then :rolleyes:

Yeah but screamig and ranting is a bit different to being high and not having a problem at taking a swing at people.

I haven't a notion what you are on about. Maybe you picked me up wrong.

I haven't a notion what you are on about. Maybe you picked me up wrong.

I thought you got what I said wrong.
    Basically: bitching to a doctor/nurse is a bit different to being stoned/hammered and using physical violance to get away with a crime. Which let's face it, how often do you see people being told "I'll BATTA YOU BUD" towards someone pissed off and waiting to be seen to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I thought you got what I said wrong.
    Basically: bitching to a doctor/nurse is a bit different to being stoned/hammered and using physical violance to get away with a crime. Which let's face it, how often do you see people being told "I'll BATTA YOU BUD" towards someone pissed off and waiting to be seen to?

How many times have you seen a junkie being violent after smoking cannabis or even having the energy to take a swing after doing Heroin? Most are in such a state if they tried to take a swing they'd floor themselves in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ph3n0m666

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

ph3n0m666 wrote: »

To the untrained eye he looks like a ruined junkie, but I'll have you know he's actually a Tai Chi grandmaster doing his morning practice routine! :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

RMD wrote: »
    How many times have you seen a junkie being violent after smoking cannabis .

Er..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

he's fighting them fcuking ninjas again there so quick you cant see them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

"What a piece of work is man".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement