Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junkies in city centre [MOD WARNING POST #331]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I would suggest starting a google map with pins and time lines for every place someone sees dealing happening and junkies.

Something like that can be easily added to will turn up on searches about dublin and put some pressure on.

something like this one
    http://spotcrime.com/ie/dublin

Both my pics were taken within ten feet of each other at Eden Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

There was a couple on the 4A bus yesterday evening, being loud and obnoxious. Fella kept passing out, followed by slaps from his mrs with accompanying 'wake up ya f*ckin eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeji'. Wheres me money??' Followed by 'Don't f*ckin' slap meh ya slu' etc and so on. Two of them totally zombied out of it eventually stumbled their way off the bus onto O'Connell Street.

Bus full of parents and small kids on their way to the match in the Aviva.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Red line Luas is the absolute pits....
    anytime day or night there are junkies on it. twice in the last month ive actually seen people dealing but its always full of junkies nodding off or scumbags arranging deals on the phone,,,

dont see anybody checking their tickets......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

doughef wrote: »
    Red line Luas is the absolute pits....
    anytime day or night there are junkies on it. twice in the last month ive actually seen people dealing but its always full of junkies nodding off or scumbags arranging deals on the phone,,,

dont see anybody checking their tickets......

You don't want to see the inspectors checking their tickets,it'll make your blood boil. The junkies are asked nicely to get off at the next stop, while anyone else who doesn't possess a valid ticket is handed a nice fine.It pays to be a junkie on the Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

As much as I think that some Junkies are arguably victims of social circumstance, It is WHOLLY unwise to treat them as victims. They should be treated as people who have made the decisions they made, and treated like their circumstance is THEIR fault ALONE. I detest this idea of 'Go for the big dealers'. Go for them all!!

Another thing that p!sses me off, is the people that whinge about Junkies etc, while at the same time smoke hash etc to beat the band. Whether you think hash should be legal or not matters not. You are supporting this socially destructive industry, and YOU are part of the problem. Whinge about your hash being illegal if you wish, but don't go buying it off your dealer, while at the same time getting p1ssed off about the junkie problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

The Gardai are afraid of the junkies.
    Average Joe soap Gardai are not hardened people, they are generally well educated and from good backgrounds.
    I know I'm a bit intimidated by a bunch of junkies and I'm only walking by them, imagine what it is like for the Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Definitly.
    Quite common to see the two standards the inspectors have on the Luas.
    An ordinary worker, often in office wear gets a fine, fair enough as that's the rules.

The junkie abuses the inspector and gets put off the tram. No fine and they get the following tram a few minutes later

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

The guards must be reading :)

Yesterday after saying they are doing nothing - on the bus on the way home there was a load of guards in the lane beside the abbey theater putting about 5,6 of them into the back of a van. Handful of guards standing around the area also.

But, come this morning on the bus, same spot - saw some woman dealing.

I don't feel the guards themselves are to blame - heck I wouldnt touch these junkies for any amount of money so fair play to them. I think its whoever gives the guards their orders are to blame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Sure they are

Saw this scrote dealing on a bike yesterday..woman on the left bought something from him..apologies for the crapy editing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Degsy wrote: »
    Saw this scrote dealing on a bike yesterday..woman on the left bought something from him..apologies for the crapy editing!

Good old Eden Quay! I grew up in Artane and for years I used to get my bus along that stretch. I remember being exposed to this behavour quite young so. The only effect it had on me was an overwhelming desire never to touch heroin and the sense to keep all my belongings securely on my person. Ah, life lessons from junkies...!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ruddellmander

cosmic wrote: »
    That man's runners are very shiny. It always annoys me when I see bums begging in brand spanking new runners when mine have holes and let in the rain! Whetehr your runners are stolen or not, I obviously need my money more than you do mate so p*ss off and let me use the ATM in peace.

that really grinds my gears aswell...i need new shoes,maybe i should sit at the bottom of grafton st at the atm and some just might appear for me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

cosmic wrote: »
    Good old Eden Quay! I grew up in Artane and for years I used to get my bus along that stretch. I remember being exposed to this behavour quite young so. The two only effect it had on me was an overwhelming desire never to touch heroin and the sense to keep all my belongings securely on my person. Ah, life lessons from junkies...!

That stretch from O'Connell bridge up to the custom house and over to Tara street station is a complete joke. I don't care if the gardai are scared of them or not, its their job to deal with these undesirables and arrest them for dealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

JimiTime wrote: »
    Another thing that p!sses me off, is the people that whinge about Junkies etc, while at the same time smoke hash etc to beat the band. Whether you think hash should be legal or not matters not. You are supporting this socially destructive industry, and YOU are part of the problem. Whinge about your hash being illegal if you wish, but don't go buying it off your dealer, while at the same time getting p1ssed off about the junkie problem.

Maybe you should educate yourself before making such a statement. You do realise that not THC containing products are sourced from people involved in organised crime.

Have you heard of home-grown? People I know are involved with this. They source all their necessary materials and substances from legal avenues based in Ireland. None of the profits ever come close to funding organised crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

hash and weed are also used for medical purpose's not only recreational use california legalised weed a long time ago and has specific chemists where you can go to buy it provided you have a prescription
    also when have you ever seen some one go out stoned on hash/weed and cause trouble or hear of any one saying i stole to feed me hash addiction hash aint an addictive substance been smokein the green for 10 years now on and off and never crave the stuff or had withdrawals
    its never got me into trouble, smoke a few jimmys and mellow out tottally aware of what's goin on unlike the junkies you see going about there business zombied out of it robbing old ladys
    ya wouldn have the energy to do that after smokein a few J's ya'd be flaked out watching the tele gigglein away to your self
    alcohol is way worse imo

people who smoke weed (only weed/hash) cannot be classed as junkies its a tottaly different ball game to what you see in town

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I don't give a **** what people smoke, shoot, snort or otherwise imbibe. But do it discreetly, and don't turn into a shuffling, blank-faced mong who lies around the city like detritus, turning what should be some of the most pleasant areas of Dublin into no-go areas for proper citizens, whose taxes pay for your "disability".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

saw what looked like a junkie get pursued down grafton st by a street performer

the performer was shouting about the junkie taking his money

I couldn't see very well but I think 2 bouncers came out and got the junkie to give the money back

and the garda car just drives straight by but one does show up and move him on

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Was this around 1? I saw a junkie and street performer talking to gardai around Weirs. The junkie was looking particularly sorry for himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Degsy be careful taking pictures mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Draco wrote: »
    Was this around 1? I saw a junkie and street performer talking to gardai around Weirs. The junkie was looking particularly sorry for himself.

yep, street performer had white makeup on. he was assertively trying to get his money back.... his... eh... enthusiasm.. might have gotten him in trouble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Following Portugals lead on decriminalisation of drugs posession would appear to solve the problem very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

spider_pig wrote: »
    and the garda car just drives straight by but one does show up and move him on

I saw something similar on Henry st about 2 weeks ago. Guy was shambling into people walking down the street.

Horrible sight! They look like zombies. Also on Thursday there was a lot of them in the city centre. Apparently there is a clinc on Abbey st near VHI where they get methadone on a Thursday.

Degs, be careful taking pics!!

there's couple a videos on youtube few door staff took on o connol street outside pennys and similar shops of them doin the same thing for about 5 min then they snap out of it and toddle along out of there bracket they've no shame at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Following Portugals lead on decriminalisation of drugs posession would appear to solve the problem very quickly.

ha.. what would the difference be if possession was decriminalised..

its not as if they are hiding it or being arrested for possession at the moment. isn't that the point of the thread.

anyway loads of the "undesirables" are alcoholics.

if you don't want to see them stay at home or out in the suburbs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

if you don't want to see them stay at home or out in the suburbs

That's not much use if you work in the City Centre. There's no avoiding them.

Mrs. Lucan is currently managing a coffee shop on the quays very near the square mile of shame. The crap she has to deal with from these junkies is ridiculous. The toilet provided for her paying customers spends more time closed as she or the girls working with her have to go and clean up the blood on the floor & walls and get rid of the dirty,used needles left behind.

They're constantly in and out doing deals in front of people. Some of them she says are very well dressed and don't carry on like the average stereotype that we think of. One guy she followed to the jacks(she could smell the burning from the cubicle) was dressed in a suit and looked the picture of respectability. He left behind a dirty needle and blood all over the jacks. No-one should have to clean up that crap after anyone,especially not for what they're getting paid for it.

I don't work in the City Centre myself but do be in and out of town a lot but i've found lately i'm avoiding spins into town if i can help it. It's just not nice anymore.:(

lord lucan wrote: »

Mrs. Lucan is currently managing a coffee shop on the quays very near the square mile of shame.

id say they make a fortune selling tea for take away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

id say they make a fortune selling tea for take away :D

Lol. She was telling me about an incident last week. A junkie was brought in for a tea and a sambo by a priest. The priest ordered and paid for the sambo and tea and then headed off,wishing the junkie all the best. As soon as he was out of sight the junkie ran to the counter and asked could they forget about the food and get the money that the priest paid for it as he needed the cash!!

He was told where to go and ran out minus a sambo and tea that were ready for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,309 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

hash and weed are also used for medical purpose's not only recreational use california legalised weed a long time ago and has specific chemists where you can go to buy it provided you have a prescription
    also when have you ever seen some one go out stoned on hash/weed and cause trouble or hear of any one saying i stole to feed me hash addiction hash aint an addictive substance been smokein the green for 10 years now on and off and never crave the stuff or had withdrawals
    its never got me into trouble, smoke a few jimmys and mellow out tottally aware of what's goin on unlike the junkies you see going about there business zombied out of it robbing old ladys
    ya wouldn have the energy to do that after smokein a few J's ya'd be flaked out watching the tele gigglein away to your self
    alcohol is way worse imo

people who smoke weed (only weed/hash) cannot be classed as junkies its a tottaly different ball game to what you see in town

Cant be arsed using punctuation or correct spelling eh?

Classic stoner antics!

Birneybau wrote: »
    Cant be arsed using punctuation or correct spelling eh?

Classic stoner antics!

for your information im far from a stoner an you said it i just couldnt be arsed putin in any of that crap were not all stuck up our own back side's to give a damm , me i personally couldn't give a toss but you should think about the people in life that suffer with learning difficulitys such as lieracy/dyslexia for all you know i could have learning difficulty's so think next time before you throw judgement on some one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

I've heard two people making the point in the last fortnight that the disbandment of the Provisional I.R.A. in 2005 has led to a slow but steady increase in open drug dealing in Dublin City.

Do people think this is true?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement