Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junkies in city centre [MOD WARNING POST #331]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

spider_pig wrote: »
    reader beware im locked speaking these words so spelling and punctuation and all that are outta here :D

just back from town was out in bray got off train at tara went board walk to get my bus as i live in marino got asked by a big gang a them did i want any jack and jills i gave them a piece a my mind (been so drunk as i am) i went accross thre road to the bus stop to be called apun by said junkies and went back and exchanged words and stood at the wall then a ban gaurd came along moved them all along and tryed to say i was with them (cause i was in a celtic track suit and celtic runners) but i quickly said laughing i aint no junkie and she said her sorrys and we had a conversation which is between me and her and our views are equal on this situation they are notin but dirt and some a these had new borns but i realy wanted to knock some sense into these two fools and even the gaurd said it they are not worth it and are vermin to this city

You don't sound much superior to the drug addicts to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

this troll must be so hungry by now degsy was rite dont feed it

They're serious enough questions. People can get poisoned by the likes of that and juging by the sounds of what people say the streets are like I wouldn't put my house on it not happening you know.

Sorry for the questions all the same. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Not bad, easy to understand, well done sir :cool:

i was a happy man (only 24) but coming across this board walk drunk i said if they start ill start cause im sick of it i aint taken **** from no low life idiot tryin to act mad i stood my ground just one of me and two them, mind you i know one from seen him so many times the gaurd even said he's a pumped up pidgin all full a hot air but seen them with so many kids like that me been a father of a 3 year old it really hits home :mad:

The_Joker. wrote: »
    You don't sound much superior to the drug addicts to me.

so because i went out and got pissed and had a good time with captain morgan :D to get of the dart to get my bus to be set upun by junkies im like one of them....?

i was a happy man (only 24) but coming across this board walk drunk i said if they start ill start cause im sick of it i aint taken **** from no low life idiot tryin to act mad i stood my ground just one of me and two them, mind you i know one from seen him so many times the gaurd even said he's a pumped up pidgin all full a hot air but seen them with so many kids like that me been a father of a 3 year old it really hits home :mad:

Wow, what a role model... you get full of drink and deliberately go out of your way to get into a row with a group of junkies,would you be rushing home to boast about your confrontation on boards.ie had one of them stuck a needle in your neck?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Wow, what a role model... you get full of drink and deliberately go out of your way to get into a row with a group of junkies,would you be rushing home to boast about your confrontation on boards.ie had one of them stuck a needle in your neck?

Or spat down your throat! :pac:

im a frequnt contributor of this thread so noting is boasting i didnt rush anywhere
    i spend most my time in the city centre since i was a teenager (nearly 10 years now) iv seen old school friends loose there lifes to drugs, iv seen inside prison and its worse in there (noting to be proud off) iv never been into drugs but some people might not be all well equipped as the next person iv grew up around it all its every man to them self
    if you came from some where out the sticks who didnt see it on a regular basis you wouldn't have a clue how to react which is the way you seem to be

edit: eh i did not go out of my way to start a row they came onto me first as i clearly stated

im a frequnt contributor of this thread so noting is boasting i didnt rush anywhere
    i spend most my time in the city centre since i was a teenager (nearly 10 years now) iv seen old school friends loose there lifes to drugs, iv seen inside prison and its worse in there (noting to be proud off) iv never been into drugs but some people might not be all well equipped as the next person iv grew up around it all its every man to them self
    if you came from some where out the sticks who didnt see it on a regular basis you wouldn't have a clue how to react which is the way you seem to be

Just goes to show your judgement is up your hole. I'm from a rough part of Dublin, and I'm smart enough to know that going around like a toerag looking for trouble with people won't solve anything,
    you're pathetic 'iv seen inside prison and its worse in there' ... and whats that got to do with the conversation ? Do you think I'm afraid of you now that you been locked up? You sound like a wimp to me,stay off the drink I'd say as your perception of being brave is skewed.

Just goes to show your judgement is up your hole. I'm from a rough part of Dublin, and I'm smart enough to know that going around like a toerag looking for trouble with people won't solve anything,
    you're pathetic 'iv seen inside prison and its worse in there' ... and whats that got to do with the conversation ? Do you think I'm afraid of you now that you been locked up? You sound like a wimp to me,stay off the drink I'd say as your perception of being brave is skewed.

people have said on this thread lock them up , the problem gets worse in there its where most people pick up there habits with noting else to do
    and i never said i was from a hard part of town marino aint in town so get your facts straight, and how am i a toe rag for goin about my business goin for a bus and been set upon by two junkies and sticking up for myself please do explain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

*gets popcorn*

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »
    *gets popcorn*

would you like some lemonade sir...? :D

people have said on this thread lock them up , the problem gets worse in there its where most people pick up there habits with noting else to do
    and i never said i was from a hard part of town marino aint in town so get your facts straight, and how am i a toe rag for goin about my business goin for a bus and been set upon by two junkies and sticking up for myself please do explain

Are you sure you're not smoking blo?
    I'm not wasting anymore time arguing with a hypocrite like you , piss off and get your teeth kicked by someone, tell him you've seen it all before and grew up with drugs all around you as you stated before, and as hes kicking your teeth, scream you've seen the inside of the joy and you're the Don of marino.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I knackered, and don't have time to go through the last few posts.

I've a feeling we're not happy campers tonight. So the thread is locked until Des or myself get to have a look at things tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Are you sure you're not smoking blo?
    I'm not wasting anymore time arguing with a hypocrite like you , piss off and get your teeth kicked by someone, tell him you've seen it all before and grew up with drugs all around you as you stated before, and as hes kicking your teeth, scream you've seen the inside of the joy and you're the Don of marino.........

Since this user chose to not accept PM's I'm left with no choice as to post this here.

Hi The_Joker.,

You have been banned from Dublin City for the following duration:

7 Day(s)

for the following reason:

insulting other member's

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 7 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the alloted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

Anyone who hasn't been officially warned, infracted or banned the above is what the automated PM looks like.

**Note to The_Joker**.

The decision was almost a permanent ban.

Spider_Pig - your lucky I can't ban for idiocy - next time your drunk and decide to act like a dope on The Boardwalk don't come here winding people up or qualify your stupidity by telling us your drunk. In future I'll consider it disruptive behaviour and ban you. Your actions here were the difference in a permanent ban or a one week ban for The_Joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

It seems there is definitely action being taken by the Gardai. This morning I was waiting for a bus at the corner of O'Connell St and Abbey St, and there 4/5 individuals loitering at the newstand as usual. Two cops came down O'Connell St and moved them on.

I don't know where they'll be moved on to. I also don't know how long this will last. But the word has come down that they're to be moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

The corner of Abbey St and O'Connell St all along the Gyppo Express route is scummer central tbf. Although how many of them are junkies it's impossible to say and possibly unfair too; I wouldn't brand all junkies as scummers.

Spider_Pig - your lucky I can't ban for idiocy - next time your drunk and decide to act like a dope on The Boardwalk don't come here winding people up or qualify your stupidity by telling us your drunk. In future I'll consider it disruptive behaviour and ban you. Your actions here were the difference in a permanent ban or a one week ban for The_Joker.

my apologies certainly wont happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

bugler wrote: »
    It seems there is definitely action being taken by the Gardai. This morning I was waiting for a bus at the corner of O'Connell St and Abbey St, and there 4/5 individuals loitering at the newstand as usual. Two cops came down O'Connell St and moved them on.

I don't know where they'll be moved on to. I also don't know how long this will last. But the word has come down that they're to be moved on.

Hope to God this lasts. Good to see something finally being done.
    Will be in town a bit over the next few days so i'll keep an eye out to see if there's less of the zombies about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Ah crap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

I have noticed they have all moved from around the corner on eden quay which is great...

However, they must have moved to some other location - causing other people problems.

I'll say it will be a week or two before they will be back on that corner.

Appreciate the work the guards are doing anyway, like ive said before - rubber gloves or not, i wouldnt do their job. So they have my respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I wonder if anyone has ever ascertained how much crime and criminality in this city is a direct result of the drugs trade here. Legalization might not be perfect but it would have definite benefits

I'm all in favour of looking at legalisation as an option, as the failure of prohibition is obvious. But to be honest, legalisation would not help Dublin right now with respect to what we see on the main streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AineB

I am quite disturbed by the amount of heartless people on this.
    Addicts are people and they do what they do because there nothing else for them.

Addiction is an illness that unfortunatly cannot be cured, once an addict always an addict. you can however change your lifestyle and behaviour which is a tough and long road to do that.

Some of these people never had a hope in life and the only thing they knew was drugs or drinking.

Alot of the older addicts from the 70's were not aware how highly addictive this drug was. some would smoke it to come off other drugs not knowing the effects..

Again down to the government to sort this out, places like merchant quay needle exchange are brilliant for them.

Im no expert at all and the above is my opinion.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

AineB wrote: »
    I am quite disturbed by the amount of heartless people on this.
    Addicts are people and they do what they do because there nothing else for them.

Addiction is an illness that unfortunatly cannot be cured, once an addict always an addict. you can however change your lifestyle and behaviour which is a tough and long road to do that.

Some of these people never had a hope in life and the only thing they knew was drugs or drinking.

Alot of the older addicts from the 70's were not aware how highly addictive this drug was. some would smoke it to come off other drugs not knowing the effects..

Again down to the government to sort this out, places like merchant quay needle exchange are brilliant for them.

Im no expert at all and the above is my opinion.

I think the gist of this thread is not the addicts themselves, but why are being allowed into the tourist areas on the city centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

I think the gist of this thread is not the addicts themselves, but why are being allowed into the tourist areas on the city centre?

I think there is too much emphasis in Dublin on"what will the tourists think" and not enough on the quality of life for people who have to live and work there 24-7. One should not have to walk through heroin deals when on the way to work...or see the same bums in the same spot scratching their balls on the way home. There is nothing more galling after a long day at work than seeing the same ****ers you saw hanging out on your way to the office still hanging around doing nothing 10 hours later!

I think part of why the problems in the city aren't often dealt with is that local government has little responsibility and therefore little accountability to voters. In places where city government is more clearly responsible for public order, social spending, etc, public officials have more of an incentive to address these problems head-on, because they will either get booted out of office, or citizens with the means to will vote with their feet and leave, taking their tax revenues with them. One reason why cities like New York really began to focus on quality of life issues (i.e the low level stuff that makes living in Dublin so annoying sometimes) in the 1990s is because city leaders wanted people to want to live in New York City, rather than out in the 'burbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ozziej

THEY CAME FIRST for the convicted sex offenders,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a sex offender

THEY CAME NEXT for the junkies,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a junkie

THEY CAME NEXT for the Travellers,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Traveller

THEY CAME NEXT for the Roma,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Roma

Threads like this remind me of how easily the Nazi mindset could happen in any country.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ozziej wrote: »

Threads like this remind me of how easily the Nazi mindset could happen in any country.

Who came for them? The TV Licence man? the Mormons? Cos it sure as f**k wasn't the gardai

Ozziej wrote: »

I'm sure the Roma and Travelling communities would be delighted with the company you have them in. I think you're a little conflicted.

• Advertisement

The gist of the thread is that the typical Dubliner or visitor would like to be able to walk to the boardwalk, or get off the train at Tara St., without having drug-dealing and drug use put in their face.

I am liberal in my opinions on drug use, but not to the point where it impacts other people. Syringes, blood, spit, dealing drugs openly, begging and intoxication impact other people and their enjoyment of this city.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement