Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Bike Sale

• 28-07-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

I thought I noticed an ad in the Evening Herald last week mentioning Lidl were discounting €200 off their Stratos bike in their warehouse sale next weekend but there's no mention of it on their website:confused:, assuming that's €200 off the original price of €899 that doesn't sound bad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

what was the spec on the bile like, cant remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

full ultega, 6500 i think.they are having some warehouse sale this weekend, i think it is returned items. details are on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Ultegra 6600, Shimano wheels and mostly ITM finish kit as I recall it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

funkyjebus wrote: »
    full ultega, 6500 i think.they are having some warehouse sale this weekend, i think it is returned items. details are on the website.

But nothing about the bike...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

I saw the advert as well. No price mentioned just €200 off.
    Then saw the flyer for the same warehouse sale and not a mention of the bike,but in fairness they'll have hundreds of end of lines and returns on offer so one advert or a flyer won't cover anything.

• Advertisement

The website says offers are only valid on days show, and it looks like theres different days for different items, so how would you know which day for the bike?

Where the heck is Gulliver's Retail Park, Northwood, Dublin 9? Google maps couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭olmo

Gullivers Park is facing the IKEA enterance. There is a large sign saying LIDL OPENING SOON there. If you're unsure Homebase is there maybe they have maps of their locations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

BostonB wrote: »
    The website says offers are only valid on days show, and it looks like theres different days for different items, so how would you know which day for the bike?

From what I remember on the newspaper ad, the bike was advertised as being available for all three days of the sale, while stocks last I assume.

• Advertisement

So what to we reckon the price will be 699?

Means of payment same as a regular store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭cython

Just got this in an email from them about the sale, and sure enough, in the bottom right hand corner, there's the bike. No actual price on it, nor specific day details, but it would seem to suggest that it's available the 3 days if it's in stock:
    IE-Wk30-Warehouse-MUL-01.jpg

Anyone get one or go and look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

BostonB wrote: »
    Anyone get one or go and look.

Went to the one in Ballymun, they had at least 25 bikes in boxes and one on display, the boxed bikes were stacked on top of each other in groups of seven or eight so I hope they were well packed inside, there was only one size available, 53cm, which they were advertising as suitable for riders up to 5'7".
    I got a good value gilet with fleece back and a cycling jersey @ €5 each so wasn't a wasted trip, one word of warning though, there was a well supervised queue of about half an hour to get in, Price was €699

Thks for posting. That saves me a trip anyway.

Advertisement