Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help diagnose memory problems

• 28-07-2010 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Recently I built a PC and it had a couple of BSODs which I think I have narrowed down to a ram or motherboard problem. However im stumped trying to narrow it down any further than that.

The motherboard is Asus P7H55-M H55. It has four ram slots, blue and black.

The ram is Corsair DDR3 1333Mhz 2 x 2GB

1) With both ram sticks in the Blue slots (channel A1 + channel B1), it fails Windows memory diagnostic. This was the original config I had, at the time that I was getting the BSODs

2) With just one ram stick in either of the Blue slots, it passes the Windows memory diagnostic test. And I tested both sticks separately, and both slots separately. Seemed to pass in every config.

3) With both ram sticks in the Black slots (channel A2 + channel B2) it passed the memory test. This is the config im using now, i'll see if I have any BSODs over the coming days.

Anyway, any ideas why it would fail with both sticks in the Blue slots but not either on their own? Would the problem be the ram or the mobo more likely? Any other tests I could or should run?

Thanks

-EditNever mind, problem solved. Memtest86 has flagged one of the sticks as being faulty, and the other one is fine.

Advertisement