Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BTEA- what happens when you stop attending the course

• 28-07-2010 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

does anybody know, what happens with the BTEA when you stop attending the course after registration? Do you keep getting paid until the end of semester? I am about to start second year of studies, but i'm afraid i won't be able to pay for my kid's babysitter :( I am really desperate, as i only qualified for 20 euro jobseeker's allowance... so i can't afford to study, but i can't afford to stay at home either. i am thinking of leaving the country, but i won't even have enough to do that :(so i thought about the most desperate measure, of registering in.september so I get paid BTEA. Can i do that???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

barbora wrote: »
    Hi all,

does anybody know, what happens with the BTEA when you stop attending the course after registration? Do you keep getting paid until the end of semester? I am about to start second year of studies, but i'm afraid i won't be able to pay for my kid's babysitter :( I am really desperate, as i only qualified for 20 euro jobseeker's allowance... so i can't afford to study, but i can't afford to stay at home either. i am thinking of leaving the country, but i won't even have enough to do that :(so i thought about the most desperate measure, of registering in.september so I get paid BTEA. Can i do that???

thats fraud and you are not allowed to ask how to or if its okay to commit fraud on this forum
    you do know that if you register for a course and miss a certain amount of time then you get kicked off the course and once they do that your BTEA will be cancelled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Hi all,

Were you on BTEA this past academic year? If you were, then you would get the full personal amount again for next academic year even if you just got €20.00 for the means tested Jobseekers Allowance over the summer. At any rate, don't dig a bigger hole for yourself. Maybe consider making an appointment at Citizens Information to talk over your options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Hi all,

That's fraud - if you stop attending the course you must inform Social Welfare.

Advertisement