Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A raise less than the original raise.

Options
  • 28-07-2010 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Ruleing from poker in the pub side event, blinds are 150-300 UTG makes it 1600 player B makes it 800 not realising there has been a raise before him, floor is called. A ruleing is made, that player B who made it 800 could take back the 800 and have all his options to open to him.. I still cant figure this out,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

He can't take it back. He can either call the raise, reraise himself, or fold and forfeit the 800.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Thats what i tought, he has the option of calling 1600 or Folding and swallowing the 800.. Player B took back his bet and folded. It doesn't make any sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

MickL wrote: »
    Thats what i tought, he has the option of calling 1600 or Folding and swallowing the 800.. Player B took back his bet and folded. It doesn't make any sense..

I've seen it done in place to "be nice to someone" or not to punish someone for being absent minded.

But what General Zod said is clearly what should be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

It was announced to the dealers before the event that if someone acted out of turn and action changed to them then they got all their options again, along with a warning.

I can only assume that this is an extension of this rule. I think the rules were a little more relaxed to try an create the atmosphere of a Pub game at the weekend, but in general you would be correct that he could fold and lose the 800, or call the other 800.

Advertisement