Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maxi Dresses for short people

• 28-07-2010 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

I have a wedding to go to soon its in the evening and black tie so I need a long dress (well given that its black tie I figured I do?).

saw some fab maxi dressed on www.dresses.ie but they would be too long for me as they were too long on a friend who ordered one and she is a bit taller than me.
    Im 5' 2" - anyone know of any shops with shorter ones or even a petite section? I am wary of buying one online as I need to try it on for length

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Hey Littlewoodsireland.ie have an amazing collection of Petite (under 5"3) sizes in Maxi dresses... it's also free delivary :D

Here's a few I love...

A006P_SP137_18_ED352i?$prodDetailMain$
    This one is from South. 34.00

A011P_SP822_01_VA0U4c?$prodDetailMain$
    This one is from Love Label and is 37.00

They have loads more on the site so I would recommend you checking them out. Goodluck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

What I did was get the normal size, but slightly cropped style (they stop like 3-4 inches above the ankle). I'm 5"0 and it worked perfect :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

thanks a mil guys I will definately have a look!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

If you go to the dept stores (Arnotts, Clerys and Debenhams) they all have petite sections. I had a similar issue with wanting to buy a long coat last winter and I got a great one in Clerys, even if I was the youngest person on that floor by about 30 years!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 45 FBee

If you are buying online then try and buy one that is calf length on the model and that way, on a petite woman like yourself it should fall below ankle length/to the top of the foot which would be the ideal length for a petite woman.
    To help elongate your body then get a structured dress and opt for a V neckline, you should also stay away from prints and aim to go for a solid colour, or if you would rather a print then try and get one with small print.

Also keep in mind if you will be wearing heels on the day and how these will effect your height.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

Try boohoo.com, they have a brilliant selection of maxis, and I know that Topshop have a great petite section :)

Advertisement