Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyprocritical Kilkenny County Council

• 28-07-2010 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭

From this weeks "The Kilkenny People"

http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/Appeal-to-NRA-for-motorway.6430082.jp

THE chairwoman of Kilkenny County Council, Catherine Connery, is appealing to the National Roads Authority (NRA) on behalf of the local authority to put up significant signage on the nearby motorways indicating where Kilkenny is and how to get here.

“There is a lack of signage indicating Kilkenny as a destination on the M9,” she said at Monday’s meeting of Kilkenny County Council. “We need signage coming from the Waterford side and from other areas as well.”

=================================================

I sent her the following mail in response

Dear Catherine,

I read the current issue of "The Kilkenny People" with amusement where you want the NRA to erect more signage to inform the motoring puiblic where Kilkenny is.

This comming from the same hyprotical council that instructed the NRA to take down the "Welcome to Waterford" signage on the approach to Waterford City.

Yours sincerely
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

her e-mail address is Catherineconnery@eircom.net

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I didn't know they did that, good for you Bards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Good man. Fair is fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Ah now there is a difference...

Saying welcome to waterford city whilst still in kilkenny is a bit much but putting up signposts to highlight the direction to get sonewhere is different.

Its not like they requested the waterford signposts on the bypass be taken down as they were in kilkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

SHENANIGANS!!!

Let me just get my broom.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

How far into Kilkenny was it though? If your talking only 100m or so I think it is a tad bad form to get it taken down but you do have a good point, there is a major difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Im not sure of the exact border on the waterford side but it was definitely on the kilkenny side. I cant say it overly bothered me but it would have been easier to put it on the waterford side of the border.

It wasnt far from the border though so if it cost anything to move it they should have just left it there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

Bards wrote: »
    From this weeks "The Kilkenny People"

http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/Appeal-to-NRA-for-motorway.6430082.jp

THE chairwoman of Kilkenny County Council, Catherine Connery, is appealing to the National Roads Authority (NRA) on behalf of the local authority to put up significant signage on the nearby motorways indicating where Kilkenny is and how to get here.

“There is a lack of signage indicating Kilkenny as a destination on the M9,” she said at Monday’s meeting of Kilkenny County Council. “We need signage coming from the Waterford side and from other areas as well.”

=================================================

I read the current issue of "The Kilkenny People" with amusement where you want the NRA to erect more signage to inform the motoring puiblic where Kilkenny is.

This comming from the same hyprotical council that instructed the NRA to take down the "Welcome to Waterford" signage on the approach to Waterford City.
    here here for catherine. shes just trying to point people in the right direction. fair play to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

tom thum wrote: »
    here here for catherine. shes just trying to point people in the right direction. fair play to her.
    well I guess people need somewhere to dump their stuff before arriving gloriously into Waterford :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The motorway is in Kilkenny, the council is in Kilkenny and this really has nothing to do with Waterford. Kilkenny topics for the Kilkenny forum please folks.

(I'm not going to move it, due to above comments, so just start a new one if you wish to continue the conversation in a civil way)

Topic Closed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Sully wrote: »
    The motorway is in Kilkenny, the council is in Kilkenny and this really has nothing to do with Waterford. Kilkenny topics for the Kilkenny forum please folks.

(I'm not going to move it, due to above comments, so just start a new one if you wish to continue the conversation in a civil way)

Topic Closed

Ahem. I'll just close that for you, shall I? :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

takola wrote: »
    Ahem. I'll just close that for you, shall I? :p

Yes, please :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement