Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio

Options
  • 28-07-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

rte radio 1 now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

What was it about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

The new licensing system, mind you I didn't catch it all, was on the way to gather some sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

On again today on Drivetime. About delays in processing applications, different rules in different parts of the country, more legal challenges than any legislation in the history of the state, many lost applications etc. Despite a weeks notice no one available from Garda to comment.

sfakiaman wrote: »
    Despite a weeks notice no one available from Garda to comment.

Hard to blame them, what are they meant to say? Some districts are interpreting the guidelines different to others. Please go ask the DOJ why they made a hames of it in the first place.

That would look good :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Got the licence for the shotgun today.
    A letter arrived at the mothers address to say they recieved my App. Fair enough, thats where the guns are stored i thought.
    Letter to say it was granted came to my current address, grand job.
    Licence came to my old address. 1 gun, 3 letters, 3 address':D:D

Chatting to my local Garda, based at a substation, he was almost in tears with the new system. In the old system, he knew exactly how many guns to this area, who had them and why. Now, because of the pressure of numbers, and because he's based at a substation which isn't always manned, people are turning up to the main station with applications for him, which other Gardai are processing. Then, he's here, that JohnGalway lad (for example) hasn't been into me yet about licenses, so off he trots for a home visit asking what I'm doing (hypothetically) about my licenses and I tell him it's already sorted in the main station, making him look like a know nothing twat.

No doubt, in some parts of the country some Gardai have an unofficial anti gun policy in action. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be the case in this area, but reserve some sympathy for the ones doing their best as they're about as happy with things as the shooters are - in my experience.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

While all the horror stories i'm hearing are truely annoying, and frustrating to all those having to wait, chase up and find lost applications i must say from a personal point of view the Gardai i have had to deal with both at my local station, substation and the district HQ have all been professional, apt and most importantly quick.
    johngalway wrote: »
    ............ I didn't catch it all, was on the way to gather some sheep.

You should have just recorded it for them. :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

ezridax wrote: »
    While all the horror stories i'm hearing are truely annoying, and frustrating to all those having to wait, chase up and find lost applications i must say from a personal point of view the Gardai i have had to deal with both at my local station, substation and the district HQ have all been professional, apt and most importantly quick.

I have experienced some annoyances in the past but I have to say I agree with ezridax.

Everyone has been more than helpful and extremely professional in the recent past.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Despite winning a district court case,and a dismissal of an appeal against the Gardai to the circut court, I am still waiting for the grant notices for the 9mm and semi auto rifle!!!This is now 8weeks since the circut court appeal and dismissal and 12 weeks since the inital win tomrrow!!!!!!!
    I keep being assured that it is the process of being issued.Lastly that it went in this monday into the system.[I'll belive it when I see it!!:rolleyes:]
    Anyone know what is the average working time for this thru the system?from tipping in on PULSE to delivery by postman?
    As I need the lic nos for my application to the gun club,which is up in two days time.Even if I had those I would be happy.In No way do I blame the Gardai who have to clean up this horrible mess!!
    Those that have been at this job in the lower ranks ,have been extremly courteous and helpful to the best of their ability.They have been a credit to the force,I wish I could say the same about some of the "Top Brass"

There is one person to blame only for this mess and he is currently absent from the Dail on a 3 month holiday somwhere,and we all know who THAT is!:mad:
    Fortuneatly I am glad to say sofar ASFIK 6 of the "Limerick Seven" are back being armed and being in no way dangerous at all enjoying their hobby and sport on the ranges.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Thanks for the link to that, here's the link to today's show (Thursday, 29 July 2010); item starts at about 1:15:00:
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/player_av.html?0,null,200,http://dynamic.rte.ie/quickaxs/209-r1-drivetime-Thursday.smil

Advertisement