Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft/World beers in Superquinn

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Wasn't in their branch in Knocklyon yesterday, went in and none of the staff had heard of it, even when I pointed it out in the magazine..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

The Blanchardstown branch has an excellent selection if you're out that direction. I bought a selection about a fortnight ago (not 100% if it's still on), great way to do a home tasting on the cheap.

From the posts above it looks like every craft/world beer is covered, but it's not clear from the signage on the shelves. I might check with the staff next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Offer is finished, was really badly organized, when I was in Baldoyle Superquinn it wasn't marked which beers were part of the deal, I asked 2 staff and they didn't know, I don't think Superquinn really give a **** about promoting good beer.

What's with the asterisks when I used a mild swearword in the above post? Bit puritanical for my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

What's with the asterisks when I used a mild swearword in the above post? Bit puritanical for my taste.

Its automatic. It happens for **** and **** and **** and ********.

• Advertisement

C**ts!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Offer is finished
    Bought 12 beers for €24 (Adnams Innovation and Chimay Bleu) about 45 minutes ago in Superquinn Sundrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Anyone know if this is still going anywhere else? Particularly Sutton or Killester.

Offer still going in Sundrive. Limited stock left, though. Picked up a Porterhouse selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Polar101

Still on in Blanch, got me some O'Hara's Red.. €2.99 normally, so €2 a bottle is fine with me. :)

It's a bit confusing at it says "selected bottled World Beers", but doesn't list which are included - so I just decided Irish beers are included as well. Porterhouse beers were included too, but they're €2.29 normally so only 29 cents off on those.

• Advertisement

Still going in Walkinstown, topped up my supply. Plenty of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Polar101 wrote: »
    Porterhouse beers were included too, but they're €2.29 normally so only 29 cents off on those.

That's interesting, I am sure they were €1.89 in the Lucan branch. €2.29 is too expensive for these. The celebration stout & Brainblaista might be €2.29 as they're 7% (higher duty).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

eightyfish wrote: »
    Still going in Walkinstown, topped up my supply. Plenty of stock.

In Sundrive, they had a list of what beers were covered under both the 6 for €12 World Beer offer and the 6 for €10 nitro keg range as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Saruman wrote: »
    That's interesting, I am sure they were €1.89 in the Lucan branch. €2.29 is too expensive for these. The celebration stout & Brainblaista might be €2.29 as they're 7% (higher duty).

I think it was only the Plain that was €1.89 and the rest of the range was €2.29.

But I find a lot of these supermarkets have a habit of chancing their arm with offers ...

Big sign saying 3 for the price of 2 ... on closer inspection you may find it only applies to the X and Y yet they have X, Y, Z & W all on the same display ... if you get my drift.

The SuperQUin offer never even listed what was included in the offer but had a sign with a picture which a member of staff obviously guessed at by say it was all those and pointing at the picture, When I asked which ones were included. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Polar101

I think it was only the Plain that was €1.89 and the rest of the range was €2.29.

That's probably right.. I only saw €2.29 bottles, but didn't notice Plain.

€2.29 is pretty steep for a 330ml bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

€2.29 is pretty steep for a 330ml bottle.

It is, especially when you consider that Aldi are selling 4 bottles of their very fine Traditional Irish Ale for €4.69. Which is also brewed in Ireland by O'Hara's.

I do enjoy the Porterhouse Plain in bottled format it must be said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Still on in Blanch, got me some O'Hara's Red.. €2.99 normally, so €2 a bottle is fine with me. :)

It's a bit confusing at it says "selected bottled World Beers", but doesn't list which are included - so I just decided Irish beers are included as well. Porterhouse beers were included too, but they're €2.29 normally so only 29 cents off on those.

I had the same problem on Saturday, couldn't work out which were on offer (or someone to ask...). Ended up getting a mix of O'Hara's Red/Stout (great), Adnams Innovation (great) and St. Peter's Organic Ale (meh), got the 6 for €12. I think everything must be in the offer as Innovation is pretty expensive normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 treacy52

I had the same problem on Saturday, couldn't work out which were on offer (or someone to ask...). Ended up getting a mix of O'Hara's Red/Stout (great), Adnams Innovation (great) and St. Peter's Organic Ale (meh), got the 6 for €12. I think everything must be in the offer as Innovation is pretty expensive normally.

That really is great value for Innovation. Usually around 3.50 a bottle I thought. Some of the Adnams beers are really good from what I've tried but innovation is outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Looks like dal is back on. I seen it on a leaflet today.

Advertisement