Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in International Management and Global Business

Options
  • 28-07-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anybody partaken in this course. Any opinions on it- preferably by people who have already done it. Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

This thread needs a dose of DJCR and Burning Eclipse, both of whom have done this course.

From my experience listening to them, its quite interesting, and everything apart from an Economics Module in 2nd Semester is good.

Hopefully the lads will comment soon enough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Just finishing up my thesis now as part of this course.

I really enjoyed the year, with the obvious highlight being a trip to Cape Town, SA in January for a week. It was an amazing experience and the class got on really well down there.

Modules are all useful to some degree. While Economics was very difficult (for me anyway) it was also very interesting. The weakest module was HRM, but I'm not a big fan of HR to be honest. Strategy and International Marketing stood out as favourites.

Any specific questions you have OP? I'll answer anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Topcat1234

Well just some basic questions now. How many hours did you have of class a week Approx? Did you hear anything about where the trip will b to this year? Was there any companies in sniffing around for possible jobs be them in Dublin, London anywhere?? I had been told when i applied online about the course that there would b a field trip- but what exactly were you guys doing down there? I was just told some workshops..doesnt say much.. cheers for the reply!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Topcat1234 wrote: »
    Well just some basic questions now. How many hours did you have of class a week Approx? Did you hear anything about where the trip will b to this year? Was there any companies in sniffing around for possible jobs be them in Dublin, London anywhere?? I had been told when i applied online about the course that there would b a field trip- but what exactly were you guys doing down there? I was just told some workshops..doesnt say much.. cheers for the reply!!:)

About 12 hours of classes per week. Haven't heard about this years location for the trip, but I'd bet on Poland or maybe Russia if I was a betting man. South Africa won't be happening. From what I could gather very little was done on the job front, up to you to make things happen.

The "field trip" consisted of 2 days (about 6 hours each) of lectures in the University of Stellenbosch and the rest was just fun fun fun. I should say, that of the 8 lectures we had, all but 1 were really excellent. The usual touristy stuff, then free time where you could do whatever you want...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 declanmcginty

I was just wondering if anyone had done the interview for this course? what to expect and how to prepare for it etc? I just received notification today that I have been short listed and will have to attend a interview. Any help will be greatly appreciated! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement