Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden clearance

Options
  • 28-07-2010 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

I need to get someone in to pull up hedges and bushes in my back garden and take it all away. This will need a winch to pull out the roots of the hedges. I basically want everything taken away so I can start the garden again from scratch.

Can anyone recommend anyone in the Maynooth area who can do this? Feel free to pimp yourself if you can do it but I'll look for references too :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

I'm in the same boat. I want a very tall hedge (9ft x 9 ft) removed and my neighbour wants the few trees at the bottom of her garden removed. This is all to facilitate the building of a wall. I've done some pricing. The area to be cleared is approx 30ft long. I've got 4 quotes ranging from €400 :) to €850 :(. They all will grind out the roots, shred everything on site and take it away. We're going with the cheapest guys 'cos they seem v professional and their price was great. They are not too far from you. PM me if you want their contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Look at www.alci.ie for a local professional landscape contractor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Thanks Sonnenblumen - however it's not a landscaper I want. I'm going to do the garden myself - I just want someone to get rid of everything that's already there.

mags - pm on the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kevfal0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Macros42 wrote: »
    Thanks Sonnenblumen - however it's not a landscaper I want. I'm going to do the garden myself - I just want someone to get rid of everything that's already there.

mags - pm on the way :)
    you just need a man with a small digger tractor and trailer, he would have this done in a matter of hours, as the bucket of the digger can pull these out of ground and lob on trailer, then off to recycling with the lot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

mags16: the guys you gave me the details for are a non-runner. They cancelled twice at short notice. Then turned up an hour early for the third appointment. Luckily herself was home when they turned up early. As I mentioned I want the hedges gone - roots and all. They kept telling her that they could cut down the hedges cheaper - I could do that myself tbh. I'm willing to pay someone to take away the roots! When they eventually left (with Mrs Mac very underwhelmed) I was supposed to get a quote within 2 days. That was last Monday. Nothing yet. Tbh even if they ring me now with a good price I'll tell them to shag off.

I met with two guys from a company in Celbridge who knew what they were talking about and rang me the next day with quote. Not the cheapest but I'm confident that the job will be done. They've got my contract.

kevfal0: I tried to ring you them 4 times just to get someone to come out to quote me. Never even got a reply. I'm not trying again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Any good ones in the Dublin area?

Advertisement