If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice & Quote for Surround Package

Options
  • 28-07-2010 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

New to baords and richersounds.

Interested in replacing my old Sony DAV 5.1 system.

Ideally want 2.1 (not interested in all the wiring) with option to expand at a later stage. Blu-ray, satellite tv and ipod dock.

Have seen Onkyo HTX22HTD and also the offer you have on a Pioneer all in one system.

Welcome any advice and quotes.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bearpal

Hi RS,

Appreciate you guys are busy, hav ebeen following some of the other threads.

Any chance of some advice on my original query? or am I doing something wrong.:confused:

Thanks,

bearpal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Bearpal

The two guys, Dave and Kenny, that look after Boards for Richer Sounds are off at the moment.

Best give them a buzz on the phone on 0044 333 900 0070 and one of the lads will beable to guide you from there.

Cheers
    Ash

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi bearpal, welcome to Boards and the RS Forum :).

You're not doing anything wrong - it's just as you've noticed - a couple of the RS guys are out of action so someone will get to your query the next time they check the forum. If you want to speak to someone about your query, feel free to contact the shop on 0044 333 900 0070.

And Ash answered you while I was looking up the phone number - Doh !

Cheers,

Ritz.

Hi again Bearpal

Were you able to reach the lads in Richer Sounds?

Just out of interest are you refering to the Pioneer BCS-FS500 2.1 BR system?
    These are in stock no worries

Richer show limited stock of the Onkyo HTS22HDx, best give 'em a shout if your after it.

The guys in Belfast will be able to give you the latest and best prices on either of these systems.

Let me know if you cant reach 'em and i'll look into it for you.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ash,

Thanks for response.

Correct, it is the Pioneer FS500, it seems to do everything.

The Onkyo is actually the HTX22HDX, would need BR player with this and i-pod dock.

Still need to connect in decoder for TV and all this in theory hooks up to our current tv (Samsung LE32R82B).

Would both systems do all this and at what price? Collect in RS or delivery to Dublin.

Thanks,

Bearpal

• Advertisement

Hi Bearpal

Richer are selling the Pioneer BCS-FS500 for £319.95
    here is the spec's from the RSB website
    http://www.richersounds.ie/images/product_3124.pdf

This would plug directly into you TV via HDMI and it also has a Line In to route another devices audio (say, Sky or UPC box etc) through it.
    Certainly seems to be a very nice system.

The Onkyo HTX22HDX as you probably know is a 2.1 Amp and Speaker kit, so you would need to add a Blu-Ray player and ipod dock to it to meet your needs
    It sells for £299.99 in Richer and they have 1 in stock (not on display) should you want it

I have to admit I'm not very familiar with either of these items - I'm based in The Philips Shop in Dublin so Philips is were my expertise lies (...though I do love all things AV as my every changing AV System will attest to...if you ever need advise on obsolete formats I'm your man...LD & HD-DVD i've invested big time in both!!)

The Richer guys are the best ones to speak to about either of these units.
    They can courier these out directly to your address for a small charge, or you can collect from them if your up that way.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi RS,

Thanks again Ash for the information over the last couple of days. Hopefully the RS guys will pick up on this one.

Ideally I would like to make a decision on this over the next couple of days as I may be in Belfast Fri/Sat this week and could collect the goodies:D

Pioneer FS500 is £319

What price for Onkyo HTX22HDX, plus a br player and a good i-pod dock?

Any advice appreciated on which would be the better system or do you have another suggestion?

Thanks,

Bearpal

Hi Bearpal

I've sent the link for this post to RSB via skype and I've spoken to Matthew about it so he sould be onto you via Boards to help you out soon.

All the best
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

bearpal wrote: »
    Hi RS,

Thanks again Ash for the information over the last couple of days. Hopefully the RS guys will pick up on this one.

Ideally I would like to make a decision on this over the next couple of days as I may be in Belfast Fri/Sat this week and could collect the goodies:D

Pioneer FS500 is £319

What price for Onkyo HTX22HDX, plus a br player and a good i-pod dock?

Any advice appreciated on which would be the better system or do you have another suggestion?

Thanks,

Bearpal

Hi Bearpal,

Sorry for no reply from the belfast guys till now.

the 2 items you have enquired about are available and we can demo the Pioneer unit for you if your thinkin of making the trip up.

In regards to a matching blu ray to go with the onkyo, we have a number in stock starting at £79.95 for the Philips BDP2500. We can get our hands on the new onkyo bdps308 which would tie in nicely remote control wise priced @ £169.95.

An all in price for the onkyo, blu ray and ipod dock could be starting at £344.85 (HTX-22HDX, philips BDP2500 and Cambridge ID10 dock)

Again if your traveling to Belfast call in and have a good chat with myself or one of the guys, we'd be more than happy to help

cheers

Matthew

looks like either Friday pm or Saturday am.

cheers,

bearpal

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.