Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Cat, Balllintemple

Options
  • 28-07-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone owned the lovely ginger and white cat that used to always be in the car park across from Centra in Ballintemple. Not to sure if he was a well loved stray or family pet he used to come into our house if we left the window open and he was always lying across the cars in the carpark when the sun was out..

Anywho pants but some twat knocked him down in the car park, just spotted him when I got back from work he wasnt badly damaged, we picked him up and put him in a box I was going to bury him but manfriend was saying he isnt too sure if we should..So if anyone knows if he belonged to someone in the area please let them know or me and I can call or even if he was a stray I will ring the council to have him removed..

Poor kitty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭babychuckles

good on you for taking him off the ground.
    I would bury him as soon as possible for hygiene reasons.
    If he is someones cat then they should appreciate that you were kinder to take him and bury him than letting him get rolled over by more cars.
    the council will probably not be so kind IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ruby25

Fair play to you. God love him. Could you put a sign up in Centra to say if anyone is looking for him, to ring you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just incase it is of any use to anyone if something like this happens...

We hid the box well or put it out of full view in the bushes, and I asked in the shop too, spoke to a few of the neighbours who were saying the same thing that it was horrible as the cat was such a pet.

:)But anywho I got in contact with the place in MPoint speaking to a lady (shes gas) but she told me it is actually illegal to bury pets bodies on council ground as such, so said that I could bring the cat up to them and they would dispose of the body for me just had to bring it up to them. Thank god when i got back from Lunch someone had moved the cat, I searched the area to make sure it wasnt twats and had messed around with it but no twas goen, so hopefully he got a nice buriel perhaps he did belong to someone afterall...

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Darn, I knew that cat, used to see it around a lot going for strolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

r i p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Why is someone a twat for knocking the cat down?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

razorblunt wrote: »
    Why is someone a twat for knocking the cat down?

Cause they didnt use due care as regards an animal when driving and also in this case seemed to of just left the cat there afterwards too. As someone that witnessed a pet of mine get run over and the car just keep driving when I was younger my stance is extremely biased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah that's sad - poor wee scrap. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

castie wrote: »
    Cause they didnt use due care as regards an animal when driving and also in this case seemed to of just left the cat there afterwards too. As someone that witnessed a pet of mine get run over and the car just keep driving when I was younger my stance is extremely biased.

Jumping to conclusions there, what exactly were the details of the accident to say it was a lack of due care that caused it? Cat could have been under the wheel of a car when the person took off. This is something that I have experience of in the sense that my neighbours cat is always under my car, to the extent that I always have to look under in the mornings, I hope to God I dont forget one morning.

Leaving it there is wrong though especially in such a popular area,but this name calling is pretty juvenile to be fair IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

razorblunt wrote: »
    Jumping to conclusions there, what exactly were the details of the accident to say it was a lack of due care that caused it? Cat could have been under the wheel of a car when the person took off. This is something that I have experience of in the sense that my neighbours cat is always under my car, to the extent that I always have to look under in the mornings, I hope to God I dont forget one morning.

Leaving it there is wrong though especially in such a popular area,but this name calling is pretty juvenile to be fair IMO.

Fair enough i suppose. It was a car park so there is a high probability that could have happened. But tbh lets not play the blame game. The cat is dead and there could be a family still looking for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hello all, I know name calling is a bit childish but that cat was so loverly not that, that matters even if it was a scraggy bad tempered cat I would use the same wording..I really hope that the owner did find him where he was so many people around here were sad that it happened, I hope it makes people take more notice of animals and have a little more heart sometimes stuff happens and u end up knocking down a animal but at least have the (haha I cant spell) decenyie to own up to it and try and find out perhaps if it belonged to someone or move it out of the way/bury it...Anywho sure rip :)

Advertisement