Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Control Ireland, What Would You Do?

Options
  • 28-07-2010 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

Okay, so you've amassed a large number of supporters, secured the confidence of the Gardai Commissioner and hopped into bed with the Commanding Military General (figuratively speaking, of course) to undermine the current FF Government and overthrow it...

The Dail is suspended and the people need a leader...

What do you do? Let's create our utopian paradise, boardies...

1) Complete re-structure of the Educational System, using Finland's as a model. Religion has no part of the curriculum as Science is given full attention and Gaeilge is completely voluntary, not compulsory (with no bearing towards future opportunities). Attendance record will be an integral part of your overall grade and the Leaving Certificate is obsolete, leaving monthly assignments contributing to the majority of your overall score.

More focus from Secondary on current University subjects such as basic introductions into Medicine, Law and Journalism preparing students for those careers by later pursuing an optional University education following Secondary graduation.

All educational academies have mixed genders starting in Pre-School which is an important part of our development, equality and social skills.

During University, a student has his/herself supported, financially, by Government if they sign a contract stating that they will work in Ireland for a specific amount of time after graduating. Invest in your country and your country will invest in you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Round up and execute all the trolls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Demand more Jellybabies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bomb the Ivory Coast and India as well, there can only be one tri colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Kasabian wrote: »

Down with the Jews i say. Down with those sort of things :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TouchMe

Deport all fat chicks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

change the education system.

irish would still be compulsory but all of it would be concentrated on the oral aspect of it.

Biggins wrote: »
    Demand more Jellybabies.

Would you like a minstrel , I have gone off them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,336 ✭✭✭mojesius

Biggins wrote: »
    Demand more Jellybabies.

I'll vote for that. You seem to like jellybabies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,336 ✭✭✭mojesius

Would you like a minstrel , I have gone off them

Or perhaps a teacake?

mojesius wrote: »
    I'll vote for that. You seem to like jellybabies.
    They're my secret fetish. You should see the wife in the costume. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

hand us back to the brits and say sorry for the mess

Would you like a minstrel, I have gone off them
    Only if I can bite! I'm a biter, not a sucker. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Starting with Brian Cowen? (Big troll head on him)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭up for anything

[QUOTE=I_AmThe_Walrus;67166263
    During University, a student has his/herself supported, financially, by Government if they sign a contract stating that they will work in Ireland for a specific amount of time after graduating. Invest in your country and your country will invest in you.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

During the current difficulties which you haven't mentioned, will spending two years on the dole count towards your specific working in Ireland time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭I_AmThe_Walrus

2) Dissolve the military.

We're neutral so no need for an army as such will give extra funding for the new Educational system. Current personnel will be integrated into the Gardai with other area's of qualifications being placed in their particular careers outside the military.

No guns, no weapons, no tanks, no planes, no aggression - Just Peace and Love. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Send all scumbags to Madagascar.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I nominate Kasabian as Minister for confectionary and diabetes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Funny this is the second time this one has come up this evening
    if they sign a contract stating that they will work in Ireland for a specific amount of time after graduating. Invest in your country and your country will invest in you.[/B]

How would you enforce such a contract ?

Are you planning to provide some work for unemployed bricklayers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

2) Dissolve the military.

We're neutral so no need for an army as such will give extra funding for the new Educational system. Current personnel will be integrated into the Gardai with other area's of qualifications being placed in their particular careers outside the military.

No guns, no weapons, no tanks, no planes, no aggression - Just Peace and Love. :)

While i like your ideas,where would they work then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Complete re-structure of the Educational System, using Finland's as a model. Religion has no part of the curriculum as Science is given full attention and Gaeilge is completely voluntary, not compulsory (with no bearing towards future opportunities). Attendance record will be an integral part of your overall grade and the Leaving Certificate is obsolete, leaving monthly assignments contributing to the majority of your overall score.

do we have to learn finnish? is fearr liom an Gaeilge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,872 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Public hangings for corrupt politicans, bankers, developers, and their likes.

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Funny this is the second time this one has come up this evening

How would you enforce such a contract ?

Are you planning to provide some work for unemployed bricklayers ?

Well, what would your suggestions be, Mike? Remember, this is a two way street...find a solution. :)

If we put bricklayers to one side for a moment and concentrate on medicine for example...a graduated student must remain in Ireland for an amount of time to work in the Health Sector in this country. I was in the Mater a few months ago and I didn't see one Irish member of staff there, except the receptionist, of course. :confused::rolleyes:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I nominate Kasabian as Minister for confectionary and diabetes.

Thank you

Can you get diabetes from Minstrels?

Can I be the Minstrel of Confectionary and Diabetes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Attendance record will be an integral part of your overall grade

So that sick students would be doubly disadvantaged ?
    and the Leaving Certificate is obsolete, leaving monthly assignments contributing to the majority of your overall score.

Yep the British experience with GCSE coursework has been completly free of any downside ?!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

Knock down the Spire and in its place erect a 400 ft dildo.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sell it to the Yanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Buy Shamrock Rovers and make them a powerhouse of Europeian football.

caseyann wrote: »
    While i like your ideas,where would they work then?

That can be your job. ;)
    do we have to learn finnish? is fearr liom an Gaeilge.

Only if you want to. :o
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    Public hangings for corrupt politicans, bankers, developers, and their likes.

Absolutely. A full investigation bureau set up to investigate tribunals and the whole bank fiasco with lengthy jail times for guilty parties.
    Thank you

Can you get diabetes from Minstrels?

Can I be the Minstrel of Confectionary and Diabetes?

Only if we can pay you in Candy... :p

Only if we can pay you in Candy... :p

Throw in petrol money and insulin and it's a deal

• Advertisement

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    So that sick students would be doubly disadvantaged ?

Yep the British experience with GCSE coursework has been completly free of any downside ?!?!?!

Students with genuine illnesses will be accommodated for. Have you a solution to better a well oiled machine? Tell us. :)
    Knock down the Spire and in its place erect a 400 ft dildo.

We're not going "all Dutch" just yet, but you can be in charge of public decoration if you like. :cool:
    Buy Shamrock Rovers and make them a powerhouse of Europeian football.

Yes, big investments into our sports teams and stadia with a group set-up to negotiate TV time for all clubs.

Perhaps, and it'll be interesting in hearing your opinions: What about turning the GAA professional at Inter-County level? Re-structuring of the competitions etc.

Advertisement