Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sporting Braga v Celtic 20.00

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

Eirebear wrote: »
    Zaluska possibly a bit suspect at that goal?

Out of his depth for the game. thought he would have settled after the first early save, looked nervous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Braga goalie and the ref were wearing the same strip, excatly.

now its been a while since I did my ref course but I know that rule !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

thats that 3-0

Shamrock Rovers would have given this side a better game than celtic have tonight awful stuff

Salthill Devon would of given that team a better game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

3-0, forget about it!! Never gonna turn that around. Thing is they are actually not that good at all :( Sad to see Celtic hit this low, compared to where they were a few years ago:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Pal wrote: »
    Braga goalie and the ref were wearing the same strip, excatly.

now its been a while since I did my ref course but I know that rule !

To be fair, i dont think the ref was going up for any headers against him! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

We haven't had a decent team since God left :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Celtic truly awful, Samaras rotten, Loovens- what a bombscare of a player. Yes it is early season, yes there are new players in team, but that was shocking. Players didn't even look interested to be honest. Brown running around like a headless chicken kicking everything that moved. What exactly has this lad done in his career to be captaining Celtic? Captain material. Give me a break..............

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Can't think of one Celtic player that came out of the game looking good. The result was shocking but the complete lack of effort/interest from Celtic was the real disgrace. We couldn't have gotten an easier draw yet Braga were miles ahead.

And Lennon bringing on Forrest with Fortune and McCourt on the bench, WTF???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Shamrock Rovers would have given this side a better game than celtic have tonight awful stuff
    Just like Bohemians should have beaten TNS :D

Celtic were useless, the likes of Brown and Ki are completely out of their depth at this level. Instead of holding the ball and just keeping it simple, the hoofed the thing and lost it at ever opportunity. Braga were very, very impressive though. Just because people haven't heard of them, they assume they're rubbish. If you watched the game for 10 minutes tonight, you would clearly have seen they're a classy side who are very well setup. As long as they don't get a stinker of a draw, I can see them making the knock-outs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Zaluska's reaction after the 3rd goal told me that he's not good enough. He looked dumbfounded but it was his positioning and mindset that let him down. Yes, players at that level can shoot from distance and hit the target....

All in all, an embarrassing performance compounded by the fact that Celtic decided to leave out 2 key players because they may or may not be sold this window.

Anyone know the weather conditions i.e. temperature and humidity?

I kept getting flashbacks of the Hapoel performance through out

Can't think of one Celtic player that came out of the game looking good. The result was shocking but the complete lack of effort/interest from Celtic was the real disgrace. We couldn't have gotten an easier draw yet Braga were miles ahead.

And Lennon bringing on Forrest with Fortune and McCourt on the bench, WTF???

Lennon should be able to motivate the team at least, if he cant even do this, then heavens help the team from a tactical point of view. His lack of experience was exposed tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

We couldn't have gotten an easier draw yet Braga were miles ahead.
    Oh come on, after watching Braga, you still think that you couldn't have got an easier draw? After Zenit and Fenerbahce, Braga are the 3rd best of the 14 or so teams you could have played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭nordydan

men against bhoys!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Oh come on, after watching Braga, you still think that you couldn't have got an easier draw? After Zenit and Fenerbahce, Braga are the 3rd best of the 14 or so teams you could have played.

Celtic could only have gotten either Ajax, Dynamo Kiev, Fenerbahce, Zenit St Petersburg or Sporting Braga. Braga are the worst of those five teams, I don't think there can be much doubt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Celtic could only have gotten either Ajax, Dynamo Kiev, Fenerbahce, Zenit St Petersburg or Sporting Braga. Braga are the worst of those five times, I don't think there can be much doubt about it.

Got to it before me, I had to go and check who the other seeded teams were for the non champions section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

At the end of the day, there is a lot of change in the camp at the moment and some players will take some time to settle in and to gel. If anybody thought Braga were going to be pushovers, they were wrong. They came second behind Benfica and had a very good season.

Strachan's first game was a 5-0 defeat against fluckin Artmedia and yet, he was a success at Celtic. Just hope it's something of the same for Lennon. If things continue to go wrong, hang him all ya want.

Anyway, 3-0m isn't impossible to overcome so lets see what happens in the return leg.

At the end of the day, there is a lot of change in the camp at the moment and some players will take some time to settle in and to gel. If anybody thought Braga were going to be pushovers, they were wrong. They came second behind Benfica and had a very good season.

Strachan's first game was a 5-0 defeat against fluckin Artmedia and yet, he was a success at Celtic. Just hope it's something of the same for Lennon. If things continue to go wrong, hang him all ya want.

Anyway, 3-0m isn't impossible to overcome so lets see what happens in the return leg.

No one would say Braga were going to be a pushover. What is unacceptanble is the lack of effort from the players. They looked disinterested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Sad to see the decline of Scottish football to the level it's at now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Badabing wrote: »
    It could be a Artmedia all over again :eek:

I hope so. We won the 2nd leg 4-0.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Watching the post match conference, Lennon wasnt happy with the officials. Before any of the goals they were making stupid decisions i thought anyways

Mulgrew was waiting for instruction from the referee to restart the game, booked for time wasting 10 minutes in.

I also noticed a couple of frees in Celtic favour where I felt their player won the ball first and foremost.

1st goal, I dont think the referee and the linesman made the correct call, it wasnt hand to ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Just like Bohemians should have beaten TNS :D

Sporting fingal did at least manage to score twice against Portugese apposition, who only finished 3 places below Braga :) Not too bad.;)

Advertisement