Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pre-owned, no disk

• 28-07-2010 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Ha! Gotta laugh at this but... I was in town today and picked up XMen Origins in HMV pre-owned, just got home and opened it and there was no game, just a manual! :pac: (:mad:) Not too happy now and not sure if they'll believe me tomo when I go back in :p

Ever happen to anyone else? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Silly Sausage

Funnily enough the same thing happened to me with Rockstar Table tennis. Pain in the arse as I bought it in a place 25 minute drive away.

They had the disc so no issues for me but its pot luck who you get and what the situation is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Happened to me before as well, I'd say it happens all the time, I'm sure they won't mind having a root around the drawers for the loose disc...

Keep meaning to get that game actually, the demo was great craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Ah good, it's not just me so :) It's 45 min - an hour trip to town so it's wasting a fair chunk of tomo for me :( Luckily I've nothing better to do :pac:

I'd say maybe call ahead just to make sure you don't waste a trip, but I'd say you'll be grand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Serves you right for getting cheap easy 1000 GS games to use for the GS challenge Doc ;)

Kidding :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Bought some racing game years ago for the original xbox in Killarney, didn't check the case til i was back home in Kildare, no disc was gutted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I bought guitar hero in hmv and the same thing. Lucky my friend was working there at the time and he was the one who sold it to me so just easily got the disc and gave him a tut-tut too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

calex71 wrote: »
    Serves you right for getting cheap easy 1000 GS games to use for the GS challenge Doc ;)

Kidding :)
    Hey, I could of got avatar (Which was cheaper) if I was just going for gamerscore :p I heard the wolverine game was actually good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i got the wrong disc once for splinter cell, i think. anyway, i bought it in Game in Liffey Valley except i'm from sligo so i had to write to them telling them that it was the wrong game and could they exchange it....got it the right disc eventually but it took so long.

now i always check the case for the right disc. another time i went out without the manual but i just stole it out of another case :D it was pre-owned so the assistants didn't mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Years ago on the gamecube i got some game and had 2 discs in the case. Opened the case and a 2nd disc came flying out of the manual

• Advertisement

I heard the wolverine game was actually good too.

Surprisingly so!!!!!! Enjoyed it a lot. It's the rare exception to the rule game of a movie = poop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Ha! Gotta laugh at this but... I was in town today and picked up XMen Origins in HMV pre-owned, just got home and opened it and there was no game, just a manual! :pac: (:mad:) Not too happy now and not sure if they'll believe me tomo when I go back in :p

Ever happen to anyone else? :)

They'll find the disc and they'll be showing an extra copy on their stocks, no reason why they wouldn't believe you so it should be grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

A friend of mine went to buy FIFA 08 preowned for €9.99 in GAME back in October because we all play it and he said he wanted to "Practise the fundamentals on a older game" so he can beat us and he didnt want to spring €50 for the new one. He got home, and inside he found the FIFA 08 manual but a FIFA 10 disc :confused:

He wasnt complaining.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    A friend of mine went to buy FIFA 08 preowned for €9.99 in GAME back in October because we all play it and he said he wanted to "Practise the fundamentals on a older game" so he can beat us and he didnt want to spring €50 for the new one. He got home, and inside he found the FIFA 08 manual but a FIFA 10 disc :confused:

He wasnt complaining.

Score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

He wasnt complaining.

Similar thing happened to me too. Bought Pokémon Ranger there in Gamestop a while ago. Brought it home opened it up only to find Ranger: Shadows of Almia (the newer one) and all the manuals stuffed on top of the other manuals. :confused: So I have the box and all manuals for Ranger but no game and the manuals and game but no box for Almia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Never forget the Day I went to Gamestop to get GTA San Andreas & picked up Mario Kart Double Dash 2nd hand on a whim & got the Zelda Collection Disc inside it,must of been a mistake.I didn't complain & it still gets regular use.
    Bought a Gamecube cheap for my brother & it had Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles,pity we hate Final Fantasy cause it was quite fortunate.
    Anyone think the Quality of 2nd hand games has nosedived scratches are guaranteed to be on them lately.I've to get 2nd hand copies of Fallout 3,BioShock,
    Call of Duty 3 & PES 2010 Cleaned even though the shop should pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Back last year when hmv were doing the games without cases i bought Bioshock for €7 and when i opened the case i got oblivion as well not bad for €7 :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

He wasnt complaining.
    calex71 wrote: »
    Score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

God help the poor chap who bought fifa 10 and when he got home found fifa 08 in the box :pac:

Mr Moon wrote: »
    God help the poor chap who bought fifa 10 and when he got home found fifa 08 in the box :pac:

God help the poor chap who traded in Fifa 08 in the first place and most likely got €1 for it only for it to be sold for €10!
    Hopefully gamestop would have had to give him the correct game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

GTR63 wrote: »
    Never forget the Day I went to Gamestop to get GTA San Andreas & picked up Mario Kart Double Dash 2nd hand on a whim & got the Zelda Collection Disc inside it,must of been a mistake.I didn't complain & it still gets regular use.

No mistake, the zelda collection came with dd. Got it myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Helix wrote: »

Argh thought I caught out Gamestop for nearly a decade.I've never gotten anything in the Disc Boxes but scratches on the Game discs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Helix wrote: »
    It came with copies of Mario Kart that were issued in a bundle with a console, the platinum pak or something it was called! Bog standard retail copies didn't get it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

got the Zelda Collection Disc inside it
    Lucky you, thats one amazing disc. Been looking to buy it for years after foolishly trading in my copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

It came with copies of Mario Kart that were issued in a bundle with a console, the platinum pak or something it was called! Bog standard retail copies didn't get it :(

ah

that might explain it so

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

He wasnt complaining.

But what about the fundamentals ?

Advertisement