Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My stream setup and settings

• 28-07-2010 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭

Ok I'm just going to post a guide to how I stream to Justin TV with my Dazzle DVC100. By anymeans don't take my technique as the best way to do things, its just how I do things. I'm sorry for the bad english as I wrote this in one session and my English isn't the best. It was taken from my sites JTV page. Here is a sample vid taken from my stream of my quality. http://www.justin.tv/ic_i_joker/b/267475470

My Stream Setup and Settings:
    Please note that this is how I run things, There may be better ways to do things.
    Equipment Needed:
    • Dazzle DVC 100(Black dazzle)
    • 3x two female to male AV Splitters
    • A Double ended RCA Cable
    • AMCAP
    • Flash Media Encoder 3.0
    Ok, I'm not going to go into the detail on how to setup a dazzle to your tv and laptop. It's easy to do and there are plenty videos on youtube to follow and do so.
    The reason I am using Flash Media Encoder 3.0 is because sound will not work on FME2.5 or 3.1. How ever if you can use FME2.5 then use that as it uses less resources. Later on I will show you a step to run FME from the Command Line to save on Computer resources however this is not a necessary step.
    Before we start this is for streaming in Pal60 with a Dazzle DVC100. The dazzle itself has problems recording in pal60 so we must do a kind of glitch to get it streaming in pal60.
    1. Install FME3.0 and AMCAP.
    2. Download your XML profile from justin tv here (note you must be signed in): http://www.justin.tv/broadcast/advanced
    3. You may not get a download link to your JTV XML profile from this link as JTV are always changing the links around. So if you see a orange box with a code in it. Copy and Paste that code into FME, stream:
    4. Start up AMCAP and in the device tab select your Dazzle DVC100. It should appear in black and white. If it dosnt go to options -> video capture filter -> and go to video standard and select NTSC as the video standard. Once you did this close AMCAP.
    5. Now open up FME and Select video device as dazzle and sound Device as Dazzle. Now the rest of the settings are down to you and depends on your connection and PC. I will link you to my settings for FME3.0 now.
      fmesettings-1.jpg
    If you can't read the writting the full picture can be found here: FMESettings_Picture
    I find these settings work well with my connection as it still allows me to play on Xbox Live with no Lag.
    My Connection is:
    868661459.png
    6. When your settings are done hit start. You should now be able to see your stream on your JTV page, However it will
    be in black and white but no need to worry. If you notice no sound you will have to do one more step.
    7. If no sound stop your stream. Go to FME and beside Video- Device is a wrench. Click that wrench and go to the
    crossbar tab. On the right option box select audio instead of video and then do the same to the left option box and
    once this is done. Click ok. Now go and hit start to stream and you should be streaming in black and white with
    sound.
    8. Ok now that your are streaming in black and white you will need the stream in colour to do this we use the program
    AMCAP again. While the stream is running, go load AMCAP, Select Device as Dazzle, you will get some errors, just
    ok these away, now go to Options tab-> video capture filter and for video standard select the option "secam B" and
    click ok and close AMCAP. Your stream should now be in colour.
    Note: When you do the trick to get colour, and if you hit stop on FME, your dazzle will not work again when you hit start instead it will be in black. This is because you changed the video standard to Secam B. To fix this repeat the steps above. I.E. close FME, open AMCAP set video standard to NTSC then load FME and it will be back displaying in black and white.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Brilliant, fair play to you, that is a great guide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

*Update*: I also stream game volume and commentary. DO this you can buy a hardware Mixer. But instead I use a software solution know as Virtual Audio Cable. This isn't free its about 20euros. So to get you sound what I do is
    - I first open up the control panel of VAC and and click set beside cable. I close the control panel
    - Now open up two instances of audio Repeater of VAC.
    - For one instance select wave in as the dazzle dvc100 sound device and wave out as virtual cable 1.
    - For the next instance you select wave in as your microphone(or w/e your using to do commentary) and select wave out as virtual cable1.
    - When you do this hit start on both instances.
    - In FME select your audio device as virtual Cable1
    and hey presto game sound and commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 irishstoner

Sorry for the bump!

But when I use VAC the volume coming from my headset is good, but the sound from the Xbox/dazzle is really really quiet even with a high tv volume. Is there any way to increase the volume of one audio repeater, and not the other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Here's a better idea than all of this:

- Use Livestream
    - Use their ProCaster software

None of this faffing around with virtual audio cables, or having FME taking a near monopoly on your CPU just to stream. It includes an audio mixer in the program, and the website service as a whole is better than uStream or JTV IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Here's a better idea than all of this:

- Use Livestream
    - Use their ProCaster software

None of this faffing around with virtual audio cables, or having FME taking a near monopoly on your CPU just to stream. It includes an audio mixer in the program, and the website service as a whole is better than uStream or JTV IMO.

Have to disagree. I always found the site to be clunky in design it underperforms as a streaming service compared to Justin.tv/Ustream. I think JTV has a better gaming community as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I dunno, I probably would have agreed with you a couple of months ago, but now with JTV seeming to be falling apart at the seams a bit, and uStream now being completely taken over by ads, I do prefer Livestream.

As for a community, yes I did notice quite the community brewing on JTV, especially with their recent changes to aid people in categorizing their stream under their current game - but Livestream also has the partnership with Xfire, meaning all Xfire broadcasts are done so by them and are viewable on their site. I suppose JTV still has all the console gamers there, whereas Livestream has almost a near monopoly on the PC gamers.

From a broadcaster's point of view though, I kinda have to say Livestream all the way though, with the tools available far superior to uStream's offering, and JTV's... well... JTV doesn't exactly have much to help you out, seeing as that dub thing they are trying to get people to use isn't free.

Advertisement