Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Academy of Hairdressing

Options
  • 28-07-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this place? I'd love to know if anyone has studied there and what they thought of it. I'm thinking of doing a course there and would love any feedback. Thanks in advance. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hayden*

3 friends did that course. One ended up having to train with Jeff Devines after! you pay something like 5thousand and ur qualified in a yr but doesnt mean you'll be good at what you do!! Your better off going to Peter Marks or Jeff Devines and get paid while you learn! The other 2 girls went off and did some other courses and wish they spent the money travelling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cluelessjewel

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately it's too late I've signed up now! If I like it then I plan to do a year or so in one of the big salons (luck prevailing!) but I will be as trained as a 3/4 year apprentice I've been told - and I will have skipped the year or two sweeping floors and earning pittance. I have to do it this way as I work full time already and don't want to (and can't afford to) give it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

To be honest as with most things in life, what you get out of this course will depend on the effort you put in , develop your skills as best you can there and then try and get into a job and even if you have to start near the bottom again your skills and enthuaisim will shine through whenever your given the chance.:D

Advertisement