Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobseeker's benefit refused may still be entitled to jobseeker's allowance?

• 28-07-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

Got a letter from the social welfare today saying that I am not entitled to jobseekers benefit as I havent has a substantial loss of employment. I only work one day per week.
    The letter mentions that I may still be entitled to jobseekers allowance? I know on the form I put to apply for it aswell, so will this automatically happen or do I need to get back onto them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Got a letter from the social welfare today saying that I am not entitled to jobseekers benefit as I havent has a substantial loss of employment. I only work one day per week.
    The letter mentions that I may still be entitled to jobseekers allowance? I know on the form I put to apply for it aswell, so will this automatically happen or do I need to get back onto them?

you need to get back onto them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

After 3 hours in there finally have the form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Hi All,

Came home today and a confused family member met me at the door and handed me a letter they had received regarding their Jobseekers Benefit application.

The letter is laid out as if the application was approved and says the the payment will be made by cheque and will start on a certain day but under the rate section it says 0 and amount to be paid 0. So we're not sure if this has been approved or declined. Nowhere on the letter does it say the word decline nor does it give a reason for any decline..

Does anybody have any ideas??

Thanks

Maddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

Are you working part time as usually part time workers are paid by cheque.If you are the reason their is no amount on it is because they have to wait until your casual docket is received to see how many days you worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 catcatcatmolmol

hi
    im on jobseekers allowance and am only gettin 80e a week. does anyone have any ideas on how what I could to receive more??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Hi All,

Came home today and a confused family member met me at the door and handed me a letter they had received regarding their Jobseekers Benefit application.

The letter is laid out as if the application was approved and says the the payment will be made by cheque and will start on a certain day but under the rate section it says 0 and amount to be paid 0. So we're not sure if this has been approved or declined. Nowhere on the letter does it say the word decline nor does it give a reason for any decline..

Does anybody have any ideas??

Thanks

Maddy

Your family member may not have enough PRSI contributions to qualify to receive Jobseekers Benefit and an automatic switch to a Jobseekers Allowance application has commenced. He/she should go to the Social Welfare Office immediately to check what is happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

You must have means from something, perhaps you are under 25 and living at home with your parents if thats the case their income is taken in to account. There are several reasons why your payment could be reduced i.e do you have capital, another property,
    co habiting with a partner. Would need more info to say for certain.

Advertisement