Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gamesenders.ie Plight

• 28-07-2010 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hey folks, been off boards for months but I always remember you guys being very much spot on when it came to queries. This particular problem comes courtesy of the one, the only, Gamesenders.ie - The videogame rental / subscription based delivery service up in Clonmel. These guys have been doing business for quite a while, and there are a fair few posts on how sticky these guys are to get away from. This instance is no different. I've been trying to get away from these guys for 2 weeks now, following months of dodgy delivery times and shocking customer service. Anyway contacting these guys is like trying to open the 7th circle of Hell and then some. They're phone number is CONSTANTLY engaged. The 2 times I have gotten through I was greeted with an answering machine. 7 e-mails have also failed to provoke a response. My last resort is...if you can believe such a thing in 2010, is to send a fax :pac:

Now, to the point. Have ANY of you guys actually gotten away from these guys successfully? Is there any way of actually contacting these people which doesn't involve banging my head against a brick wall? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I had exactly the same problem, even had to resort to sending a fax. I even put a note in a game when I sent it back asking to cancel my sub. Terrible service. I eventually got through on the phone and cancelled, don't stop trying.

Go to gameclick.ie brilliant service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I have never used them but can you not just ring your credit card company explain it to them and ask them cancel the next payments. I know it's not ideal but if they aren't answering their phones and aren't replying to your emails what it could be your best option.

+1 on gameclick.ie, excellent service and if you want to cancel you can do it online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Have to say I agree, they had a much bigger back catalog of 360 games than gameclick, but the delivery times (to a housing estate in Dublin) were shocking. On top of that I didn't once get one even slighlyly newish game, and in my few months with them 2 games went "missing" (one each way) each one took over 3 weeks to sort out, contacting them was a nightmare, they never once answered an email, it took many many phone calls to finally sort each one, cancelling was just as hard, but finally they responded to a cancel request.

I may try gameclick, but last time I looked they had a small list for the 360 - and there's a huge number of older games available to keep (both new and 2nd hand) well under a tenner these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just had a look at Gameclick's used stock for sale, talk about sucker prices!!!! Even gamestop sell for cheaper :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

calex71 wrote: »
    Just had a look at Gameclick's used stock for sale, talk about sucker prices!!!! Even gamestop sell for cheaper :eek:
    Haha, I don't buy from them, I actually find that most of the used games I buy are impulse buys when I happen to pop into the local xtravision just to have a look. Gameclick might not have a huge collection but for me it's big enough and I do regularly get new/recent releases, it also only takes one day for postage so for example I sent games back on Monday and had new ones yesterday. I have never used gamesenders but I would rather have good service with less games than bad service with a lot of games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement