Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beat downs

• 28-07-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

this might sound some bit ridiculous but often when playing halo online i go head to head with someone.......i punch, they punch and more often than not i die..........any clues what im doing wrong??????is it timing?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

its not timing, if you try beat down someone with even a tiny bit of health more than you you will die....

In halo 2 there was a huge problem with beat downs as it was based on whoever got the beat down in first.. so the host always won...

I might be wrong though.. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

It's more than a tiny bit of health but the rest is right.
    You will both die if your health is within the same range, otherwise the person who had the most will win (assuming that both players health is low enough for a melee to kill).

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Thankfully they've got this fixed for Reach! Yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

The Halo 3 melee system is notoriously ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Does anybody feel Halo 3 just isn't the same after the Beta?? I only play firefight with a mate every now and then....god hurry up september 14th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Keanosmagic

thanks for advice......its very annoying though ha

hopefully reach will fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

As well as everything mentioned above, like all things with online gaming, it has to do with with your connection speed. If your connection speed to whoever is hosting the game is slower than the guy your going toe-to-toe with, then the other guy will come out trumps, simply because his beat down has been registered with the host before yours. Its particularly bad when I play against US kids around 8 or 9 in the evening, but is noticably better if I party up with my mates in the UK.

In general though I avoid beat down situations as much as possible by staying at arms length and out of beat down range, cos like you, I end up second best, and dead. If I have no option, I usually drop a grenade and then beat down.

Cheers,
    SharperKiller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Muppet Man wrote: »
    As well as everything mentioned above, like all things with online gaming, it has to do with with your connection speed. If your connection speed to whoever is hosting the game is slower than the guy your going toe-to-toe with, then the other guy will come out trumps, simply because his beat down has been registered with the host before yours. Its particularly bad when I play against US kids around 8 or 9 in the evening, but is noticably better if I party up with my mates in the UK.

In general though I avoid beat down situations as much as possible by staying at arms length and out of beat down range, cos like you, I end up second best, and dead. If I have no option, I usually drop a grenade and then beat down.

Cheers,
    SharperKiller.
    This is false.
    That's the whole point of the health comparison system; to eliminate the host always winning automatically. With this system, someone can land first but still die as long as the other person gets their beatdown in within a certain timeframe.
    Obviously if your connection is really bad then it comes into play but that's going to affect everything and not just beat downs.

Advertisement