Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get item on Google Maps corrected?

Options
  • 28-07-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭

A client asked me about getting a shopping centre name corrected on Google Maps. He said that he has reported it a few times (didn't say to who). I reported it to TeleAtlas

The issue is shown in this map of Blanchardstown village in Dublin 15. "Roselawn Shopping Centre" is incorrect - it should be "Superquinn Shopping Centre".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

I think reporting it to TeleAtlas is the only way. There are absolutely loads of mistakes in google maps anyway, so correcting them doesn't seem to be a big priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I submitted the issue through another area on their web site - MapFeedback.

It's a bit strange that the map that you browse when using the feedback service is different from the Google one. The TeleAtlas one has a 2008 date on it and it shows a road near me that Google Maps, with copyright 2010, does not.

Advertisement