Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden gone mad, what should I do

Options
  • 28-07-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi

We bought a house last yr that was quite old and in need of serious renovations, but the garden was amazing, it belong to an older couple who passed away and the people who inherited the house hired someone to keep the grass etc under control. The house in on an acre of mature gardens. So we set about sorting out the house and we are still in the process of it, so in the mean time the garden has gone wild, the garden is about 95% moss (its >30yrs old so has been taken over by moss) the garden has ended up looking like a field the last few months, we got married and we were away on honeymoon so we didn't get a chance to cut the grass. So today we got in a guy with a small tractor and he cut all the grass. Now my question is seeing as we aren't going to be moving in till around christmas, what am I going to do about the garden. The grass that was cut needs to be all racked and picked up. Should I just leave it and keep cutting it with the small tractor and sort it out properly when we move in, or should I try and tackle it now??? How will I do it?

We will eventually dig it all up and re-seed it in a few years but I want to get back to looking to a lawn by next summer. Sorry of the long post, but I am literally looking into a field full of thistles:confused:

Advertisement