Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Word 2007 - Inserting page numbers problem

• 28-07-2010 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi.

I have developped a document in word that is 21 pages long. I wish to have page numbers. However I dont want page numbers on the first 5 pages and want the page number to start (if possible) at '1' on page 6.

Can anyone please advie on how to do this?

(Note: I am using Microsoft Word 2007)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Lexor

I have done it in an older version of word (2000), but the method should be the very similar.

You will need to insert a 'section break' at the end of page 5. Under 'Insert' menu, select 'Break' -> 'Section break Types' -> 'Next page'.

On your next page, insert a footer (and make sure to uncheck the 'Same as previous' icon on the 'Header and footer' toolbar). Select the 'Format page number' icon to edit your starting page number. Everything should be fine.

The main part of the solution is to understand how section breaks work within word. You can then apply headers/footers to each 'section' of your document. If you don't already know about them, there are plenty of good tutorials on the web and I would strongly recommend that you have a look at them. Section breaks can save you a lot of heartache if you need multiple page formats within a document.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Hey - you need to use Section Breaks...

(At the end of Page 5)

Page Layout > Breaks > Section Breaks > next page.

(On Page 6)

Insert > Footer > Edit Footer

Click on "Link to Previous" to turn it off.

Page Numer > (Insert the page number type you want, where etc)

Page Numer > Format Page Number > change Page numbers to "Start at:" and put in 1 and hit OK

Click on Close Header and Footer.

and... bobs your uncle.

Advertisement