Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

volunteering in Timor Leste

• 28-07-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Late last year I was in Timor Leste as part of my travels in Australia. Having seen the condition of the place and knowing the sad history I feel it would be a rewarding experience to offer assistance to the people there in any way I could. I could say that being there for even the short time it was changed my whole outlook on things, but that would be too cliché.

Regardless I feel the need to return there for at least a few months and be of some use to the people there. Having done a brief look on the net and been into IrishAid on O Connel street I have found nothing solid, so i was hoping to get some info off the hive brain that is Boards. Does anyone know where i would even begin?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Just from using Google I see UNV is active there and Habitat for Humanity, the former requires you to have good qualifications and experience, the latter a lot of money. But if you search more you may find something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Know this thread is not the newest but I only check this forum from time to time.

OP what particular skills, knowledge, experience do you have to bring to an organisation? A few friends of mine did internships there but they varied widely depending on experience and interest.

Advertisement