Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC eBilling

• 28-07-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,
    Anyone know from what date the eBiling automatically kicked in? I have just realised I have not been getting bills for ages and need to know the switch over date as I have a tenant and she has not been paying her half of the bill for this length.

Now I know this is totally my own fault but I want to print out the bills from online and present them too her and need to get the dates right.

Cheers,
    M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

You have to register for eBilling,if you didn't you should still be receiving paper bills.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Not so - the default - certainly from my last bill is now ebilling. You have to request a paper bill if you want one. Also bear in mind that if you pay by direct debit then they will only send you a bill when they amount is due to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I am pretty sure I did not register but defo have not received any paper bills since February....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

dub45 wrote: »
    Not so - the default - certainly from my last bill is now ebilling. You have to request a paper bill if you want one. Also bear in mind that if you pay by direct debit then they will only send you a bill when they amount is due to change.

I have requested specifically to keep receiving the bill. Their support said no problem and i told them to make sure they put that in the system. It was all “don’t worry it won’t change” . Next thing they switched me to ebilling only and apparently they say i never told them to keep receiving bills and now its “too late” to change it back. That a customer service!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

So no way back to the paper bills again!! FFKS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

You can change back.

I did.

Got a text saying I was switching to E-Billing.
    I called them, and told them I wanted to be switched back.
    They warned me that I may not recieve the next bill but that it would be back to normal after that.
    I ended up getting the next bill anyway, so I never missed one.

Also, seeing as I registered on their website, I have access to every bill generated on my account for the last 4 years.

All in pdf's so I can print off any bill I want.

OP.
    Register for My UPC on their website, and you'll have all the bills right there in 5 minutes.

Purely by chance I came across the attached letter just the other day. It dates back I think to the last bill I received from them which would have been in December 2009. Typical of UPC's 'professionalism' it is undated (Again typical of UPC's 'professionalism' the bill (and they only have to send me one a year) did not conform with the most basic requirement of the dd scheme - that is the 14 days's notice requirement. UPC's concern for the environment is touching.

It also does not appear to concern UPC (and many other companies too) that there are many many people still not on line and who do not want to do their business on line.

Purely by chance I came across the attached letter just the other day. It dates back I think to the last bill I received from them which would have been in December 2009. Typical of UPC's 'professionalism' it is undated (Again typical of UPC's 'professionalism' the bill (and they only have to send me one a year) did not conform with the most basic requirement of the dd scheme - that is the 14 days's notice requirement. UPC's concern for the environment is touching.

It also does not appear to concern UPC (and many other companies too) that there are many many people still not on line and who do not want to do their business on line.

Firstly I'm fairly sure that UPC stated their e-billing opt in was only in effect for customers with their broadband service.
    So I think it's safe to assume that they know that you're online if you are online through them!

Secondly if you don't read the inserts that're sent out in your bill, then I'm sorry, that's on you.
    Of course it's not dated, as everybody gets bills on a varying date.
    I'd also imagine the opt in is staggered, seeing as all of us were opted in on differing dates, so a generic letter won't have multiple differing dates, ranging over a 7 month period.
    The fact that it was included in a bill that was dated numerous times would lead me to believe that the customer can put two and two together.

Also, the opt in letter clearly states how to opt out if you want and resume with the paper bills, so what's your point?
    It's not difficult to follow the instructions, seeing as we've already stated, they know you've internet connection.
    As with me, I was opted out over the phone, so I know that you can also opt out that way.

Lastly, while I doubt that the enviroment was near the top of UPC's mind, it's touching to know it's lack of importance to you.
    The ammount of crap I get in the post every day would have been a nice forrest if it skipped coming to me for a year!
    Every ESB bill I get, has a stupid booklet that I've never once lookd at, so cuting down on paper is a fairly important thing.

Firstly I'm fairly sure that UPC stated their e-billing opt in was only in effect for customers with their broadband service.
    So I think it's safe to assume that they know that you're online if you are online through them!

Just for the record you are wrong on this. Your assumption is not safe.

Secondly if you don't read the inserts that're sent out in your bill, then I'm sorry, that's on you.
    Of course it's not dated, as everybody gets bills on a varying date.
    I'd also imagine the opt in is staggered, seeing as all of us were opted in on differing dates, so a generic letter won't have multiple differing dates, ranging over a 7 month period.
    The fact that it was included in a bill that was dated numerous times would lead me to believe that the customer can put two and two together.

Even the most basic "how to" on business letter writing will emphasise the importance of the letter being dated. Any any business manager worth their salt will make sure a letter they are signing is dated. If the letters are issued over a period it is hardly that difficult to run off a block of them for each block of bills with the appropriate date?:rolleyes:
    Also, the opt in letter clearly states how to opt out if you want and resume with the paper bills, so what's your point?
    It's not difficult to follow the instructions, seeing as we've already stated, they know you've internet connection.

The royal we is wrong once again as they do not know if all of their customers have internet connections. Also CSRS are apparently telling customers that it is no long possible to change back (according to posts here on boards anyways)

Lastly, while I doubt that the enviroment was near the top of UPC's mind, it's touching to know it's lack of importance to you.
    The ammount of crap I get in the post every day would have been a nice forrest if it skipped coming to me for a year!
    Every ESB bill I get, has a stupid booklet that I've never once lookd at, so cuting down on paper is a fairly important thing.

I would appreciate it if you did not presume to know my attitude to the environment.

Just for the record you are wrong on this. Your assumption is not safe.

Sorry, did you ask everyone?

dub45 wrote:
    Even the most basic "how to" on business letter writing will emphasise the importance of the letter being dated. Any any business manager worth their salt will make sure a letter they are signing is dated. If the letters are issued over a period it is hardly that difficult to run off a block of them for each block of bills with the appropriate date?:rolleyes:

They hae a stack of letters printed off.
    Everytime a bill goes out, one is picked up, and put in the letter.
    The letter is dated repeatedly.
    In order for them to have every individual letter for hundreds of thousands of customers individually dated = €€€€€
    €€€€€ = you pay more for your service.
    you pay more for your service = you have more to b***h about in here.

Ahh the circle of life.

dub45 wrote:
    The royal we is wrong once again as they do not know if all of their customers have internet connections. Also CSRS are apparently telling customers that it is no long possible to change back (according to posts here on boards anyways)

Once again you just make things up as facts.
    Once again, I'm not surprised.

And according to posts here on boards.
    ie: me.
    You can.
    So take my word for it as opposed to asuming that somebody you're not talking to may have once said something about something.

You can.
    /end.

dub45 wrote:
    I would appreciate it if you did not presume to know my attitude to the environment.

Then don't disregard the enviromental impact of a ridiculous and pointless amount of paper being sent out.

If it looks like a duck, and swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Once again you just make things up as facts.
    Once again, I'm not surprised.
    And according to posts here on boards.
    ie: me.
    You can.
    So take my word for it as opposed to asuming that somebody you're not talking to may have once said something about something.

Look guys, don’t want to get into heated debate here.. leave that for politics forum
    My experience was like this.
    I got letter and i called them and told them i want to keep receiving the paper bill. “no problem sir, let me just get that into our system. Thank you” Next month no bill. I call them and “no, nobody called, we transfer you to ebill, eh sorry, you can’t go back as you are direct debit customer so you will only get ebill but sure sir its easy to access...”

Look guys, don’t want to get into heated debate here.. leave that for politics forum
    My experience was like this.
    I got letter and i called them and told them i want to keep receiving the paper bill. “no problem sir, let me just get that into our system. Thank you” Next month no bill. I call them and “no, nobody called, we transfer you to ebill, eh sorry, you can’t go back as you are direct debit customer so you will only get ebill but sure sir its easy to access...”

The fact that you are a direct debit customer should be totally irrelevant in this case. As a direct debit customer you are entitled to 14 days advance notice - if you request that notice as a paper bill then you should be no different from any other customer who may not pay by direct debit.

Advertisement