Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MLS All-Star XI v Manchester United Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Jesus I thought we could hype a player:
    "Hernandez, Sir Bobby and then Giggs"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

On a sidenote, looked well offside, really doesnt matter though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

That settles it, I'm watching United v Chivas live.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

70k plus fans. great attendance. delighted with this game and just hope the injuries aint serious. night all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I am so excited about Javier Hernandez, I might just pea myself!

mars bar wrote: »
    What a ****ing goal! The way he manipulates the offside and that finish was wonderful!

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Yeah, expect to be frustrated by linesmen a lot this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

CHICO IS AMAZING, Player of the year material already! Make him captain! President, in facht!

On a sidenote, looked well offside, really doesnt matter though:D

He beat it quite attractively.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I missed every goal because I'm switching between the Copa Libertadores and this.

I have the worst timing ever.

yeah. copa libertadores alright...
    you were looking at that durty wan in the school uniform and low cut top rubbing herself on 3e!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

LOL a BIG REBOUND when Cleverly's shot was saved. HAHAHAHA! thats a new one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Welbeck is looking good, very good. Cleverly shoulda buried it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

you were looking at that durty wan in the school uniform and low cut top rubbing herself on 3e!

WHAA??

*Turns to 3e*

"Teleshopping" me hole.

Ah Wesley!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ah Wes, that was poor!

• Advertisement

niallk wrote: »
    Yeah, expect to be frustrated by linesmen a lot this season.

Well isn't the benefit supposed to go to the attacking team? He's gonna be a nightmare for defences with those runs.

Agh, MLS get a consolation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

WTF . .

How is a thread for United this active ?

I really thought I would be one of 10 united fans in Ireland up watching this game tonight !

Jesus the fans really got their moneys worth. I also am delighted with my decision to stay up for this.

Drumpot wrote: »
    WTF . .

How is a thread for United this active ?

I really thought I would be one of 10 united fans up watching this game tonight !

Because I made it.:cool::pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Great save :)

• Advertisement

What the **** kinda bounce was that?!

lol Scholesy seeing the red mist again

Lunatic

mars bar wrote: »
    What the **** kinda bounce was that?!

An awesome super bounce.

That's settled: From now on Chico coming off the bench shall be known as "opening up a can of peas".

Enjoyable match thread.

Night all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Glad I stayed up for this one!

Fcuk 25 pages, that's more than some PL games.:P

Great game, delighted I stayed up for it.

Well worth staying up for :)

Now, bedtime. G'night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

niallk wrote: »
    That's settled: From now on Chico coming off the bench shall be known as "opening up a can of peas".

"opening up a can of Mexican peas" no less . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Another BIG REBOUND there from VDS

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    Fcuk 25 pages, that's more than some PL games.:P

Great game, delighted I stayed up for it.

Noob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Well, this was highly enjoyable! I'm really looking forward to the Chivas game now! :D

Lovely chattin' with ye.

G'night/G'morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Only his first game and already keeping berbatov on the bench:pac:

His voice hasn't broken yet?! :eek: He sounds like a girl! :P

Fastest interviewee in the West!

Dave! wrote: »
    Noob

Quiet you.:P

Jaysus Chico is wound up to the balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hey who nicked the UEFA Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Didn't stay up for. This thread was a good read this morning though !! Hope the injuries aren't serious. hopefully Kiko can make an impact this season. found the Utd goals on the caf for anyone who like me missed them.

Kikos 1st goal

Kikos 2nd goal

Great Gibson freekick past the net tender from downtown

Cleverley (shades of gazza v scotland on euro 96 - not as good obviously)

Chico goal

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gave the game a bit of a watch this morning before heading to work.

Not watched it all cause I didn't have the time to, might stick it on later.

What I saw was promising enough in attack, some lovely movement and some great finishing. Pleased with what I saw of Hernandez - pulled into some great positions and he has great instincts. His left foot volley just after coming on was an awkward one to take but his technique in doing so was great and keeping it on target as he did was very good - unlucky not to score. His goal was very well taken, getting himself into a great position and using his acceleration well to get clear. Nice composed finish too.

Thought Cleverly improved as the game went on, and took his goal brilliantly - that is why I want him to stay at United for at least the first six months of the season. Could have had a couple more to his name on the night too.

Worried about the defence though, we have looked very poor on crosses and set pieces on this tour, which is normally something we are very good at. Hopefully it is just some pre-season rustiness and we are back on form for the start of the premiership.

Looked a very decent performance from the lads overall, but it is difficult to really judge the performance - as we don't really know how to judge the MLS all-star side.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Jsut watched Hernandez' goal. First impression...linesman fail. He looked about 5 yards offside. LOLOLOL @ linesman.

Then you see the replay and just how well Hernandez did to stay on until the pass was played. Some acceleration too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

great goal from cleverly. that boy has got some future

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Early reports are 2 weeks for Obertan. Could be worse.

BenHibbs
    Gabriel Obertan out for two weeks with an ankle injury #mufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jaykay74 wrote: »

Early reports are 2 weeks for Obertan. Could be worse.

BenHibbs
    Gabriel Obertan out for two weeks with an ankle injury #mufc

so he won't be at barstool-fest 2010? Damn, was hoping to see him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ye lot are all off your f|8cking heads being up at that hour! do ye not have jobs to get up for?:pac::pac:

decent game, some cracking goals, pleasing overall. BUT, only a preseason friendly. one thing that is amazing, is 70,000 people there and should be another 100,000 wathcing the 2 games in the next 6 days.

amazing interest United are creating state side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Fcuk me. I stayed up for all the other preseason games but not this one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

I really enjoyed the game last night.

The crowd were up for it. A mexican wave at one point. A bit of booing when Nani went down (which he did do a few times too easily) but all in all, the sold out crowd really seemed up for it which was good.

The commentry was gas. At one point I broke out laughing when one lad called the United kit, their uniform. Getting their Pepsi ad in and the rest. Not sure where they got some of their stats from though.

The goals were all well taken. Macheda's goals were well taken. Gibsons goal was a peach of freekick. Cleverly's goal was a cracker and good aul Hernandez got his Chico time and it was a lovely debut goal too.

Giggs played a stomer and played some great passes. Was well happy with his performance.

Looking forward to Chico playing in both halves in the next game. One half for United and the other for Chivas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

While it was nice to win and score a few goals, we must remember that we were playing a squad who have NEVER played together. I'm not bashing MLS at all, we could have played the best XI from the bundesliga or serie A and gotten the same result.

I am excited about the kids though (hope that doesn't make sound like a pedo :p) All the goals last night same from players 22 and younger. I'm not a transfer muppet, I prefer to develop our talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

FatherTed wrote: »
    While it was nice to win and score a few goals, we must remember that we were playing a squad who have NEVER played together. I'm not bashing MLS at all, we could have played the best XI from the bundesliga or serie A and gotten the same result.

I am excited about the kids though (hope that doesn't make sound like a pedo :p) All the goals last night same from players 22 and younger. I'm not a transfer muppet, I prefer to develop our talent.

YA BIG PEDO!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Thanks for the clips jaykay74. Very well taken goal from Cleverly. Delighted for Javier to get a goal on his debut, was a nice goal too. And hoping Kiko can keep on going and keep getting goals.

Wish I had of stayed up and watched it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement