Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gate Properties. Drogheda- BEWARE

Options
  • 28-07-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I just want to put a warning out there for anyone who might be thinking about renting a property from Gate Properties...

firstly,, <snip>in the office is a very rude person and has a serious attitude problem...

Secondly.. You have to wait weeks to get your deposit back ,, even tho you give them the notice thats needed,.. and thats even if they give you your deposit back.. you have to fight to get it back..

Their policy is.. You give your keys back on a monday say,, now you have given them 4 weeks notice..and thier reply is,, WE have to get the deposit off the landlord and do an inspection on the premises.. ..

Surely to god when you hand your notice in they should have that deposit already off the landlord. and it should not take 2 weeks to chase it up and try to get it off them..that is 2 weeks after you have handed your notice in,... So RENTERS BEWARE.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

I just want to put a warning out there for anyone who might be thinking about renting a property from Gate Properties...

firstly,, <snip> in the office is a very rude person and has a serious attitude problem...

Secondly.. You have to wait weeks to get your deposit back ,, even tho you give them the notice thats needed,.. and thats even if they give you your deposit back.. you have to fight to get it back..

Their policy is.. You give your keys back on a monday say,, now you have given them 4 weeks notice..and thier reply is,, WE have to get the deposit off the landlord and do an inspection on the premises.. ..
    Surely to god when you hand your notice in they should have that deposit already off the landlord. and it should not take 2 weeks to chase it up and try to get it off them..that is 2 weeks after you have handed your notice in,... So RENTERS BEWARE.

Usually they hold the deposit on behalf of the landlord, the reason for this is that if the Landlord refuses to return the deposit they are liable

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hailshimmer

oh yeah,,, any estate agent i have ever daeatl with has returned it straight away,,

this crowd stated that I had to wait a few days as they had to get it off the landlord..

Ithink they were hoping that i would just say ah forget it,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

Agent does not hold deposit,
    you get it AFTER ypu leave and the property is checked for breakages.
    It is meant to be straight away, but these days the agents can have trouble getting the landlords , holiday time etc.

well in fairness... they had well over 4 weeks notice,,,,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Please don't name associated individuals on a public forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Please don't name associated individuals on a public forum.
    The name is also there in the quote!!! next post down.Regardless the damage is done,the post was up for near 24 hours.:mad:

Perhaps more posters should use the 'report post' function to bring such things to the moderator's attention earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Perhaps more posters should use the 'report post' function to bring such things to the moderator's attention earlier.
    OK master:D

apologies for naming names.. but i really think people have a right to know <snip>

But is this not the aim of this forum is to let people know...

But is this not the aim of this forum is to let people know...

Not in the manner that you wish to. Take a read of this post before any further rants.

Closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement