Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the leaving ?

• 28-07-2010 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hiya,
    Just after doin the leaving this year but I know for a fact it didn't go well and i defo won't get the points I need:mad:
    ....any1 know if i can repeat the leaving at school next summer without actually going back to school all year??? or do I have to be part of the school to repeat again??:confused: soo confused

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

you can repeat it through kilroys college in dublin. if u have a look at their website it will tell u more. im repeating my english at the moment

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You don't have to be in any school to repeat the Leaving. It's much more difficult though to work away yourself at home. Make sure you have the correct lists of poems etc. for English/Irish.

Ask the school can you sit it in their centre and apply to the SEC as an external student in October or so.

Remember you'll need a teacher to sign off on stuff like the Field Study in Geography and the Research Essay in History, so you might run that by your old teachers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

i dont think u have to apply as an external candidate till January so you could give the leaving ago at home and if its working out for you then go ahead and apply.Or if your fully sure you have the motivation to the work from september to june then apply early

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

January is leaving it a bit late tbh. The deadline for external entries is the last week of January and after that there are hefty late fees.
    I would get it in before Christmas.

Advertisement