Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

-problem with driving instructor :/

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

dudara wrote: »
    Let's try to establish some facts before we start offering advice.

OP, when you paid him upfront for the lessons, did you make it clear that you wanted to complete all the lessons in August? If you did, and he accepted that, then he is in breech of the agreement.

If you did not state this, then he is doing nothing wrong, and as long as he will provide you with the remaining lessons when he returns, there is no consumer issue....

I think a delay of two months on delivery of such a service is unreasonable, and is a valid consumer issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

-thanks to everyone who tried to help, its sorted

Cabaal wrote: »
    Oh ffs, please don't go to the gardai and waste both your time and there's, the gardai will NOT get involved in such a matter.

Please stop spouting such crap, you haven't a clue what your on about if your telling people to contact the Gardai regarding such a matter, its nothing to do with the Gardai.

I hate when people give misleading advice like this and show that they are clearly clueless

-and if you have a clue.. why didnt you suggest anything instead of just ... criticizing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,079 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

softmee wrote: »
    -and if you have a clue.. why didnt you suggest anything instead of just ... criticizing :confused:

It was sound advice telling you that your problem was outside the Guards' jurisdiction, it being a civil matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Brilliant news, did you get all your money back? I think the driver realised his companys reputation was at stake... Maybe he saw what has been written on boards!;):p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

what was the outcome?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its not criticizing, its saving the OP from wasting his time and the Gardai's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I think we deserve to know how it resolved OP?! :D You had a lucky escape!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Cabaal wrote: »
    Oh ffs, please don't go to the gardai and waste both your time and there's, the gardai will NOT get involved in such a matter.

Please stop spouting such crap, you haven't a clue what your on about if your telling people to contact the Gardai regarding such a matter, its nothing to do with the Gardai.

I hate when people give misleading advice like this and show that they are clearly clueless

I'm just trying to help the poster,not argue with you.

Maybe my help suggestion is not right,but it was just a suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Excellent,congrats.

• Advertisement

From his website

I'm going to E-mail this thread to him.

-and i didnt ask for this! :mad: and this was very unnecessary

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread closed as it's gone on for long enough.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement