Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual Intercourse During Pregnancy

• 28-07-2010 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hey all - I am due my baby in 3 weeks time and my partner hasn't came near me intimately in about 8 weeks now. I know its awkward with my big belly but I'm worried my pregnant body is a turn off for him - men please share your opinion on this.. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Hi bubbles,

For me if anything the belly is a turn on and the odd time I wish my OH had her bump still!

But...

what really put me off is when the bump is really big, you've read all about how your baby is almost fully developed and then there you are porking away about and inch or two away from the babies head or whatever! Even when the baby was born and he was in the Moses basket I didn't like the feeling of sex while the baby is asleep beside you.

Still did it but I can understand your OH. Does he still cuddle, feel bump etc as much as ever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

We kept having our fun right up til a few days before whenever my wife was up for it. Personally, I love pregnant sex, definitely no turn off whatsoever. Talk to him about it, he probably isn't trying to have sex with you because you're probably getting more tired and he doesn't want to be bothering you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Id imagine he just wants to leave you be i wouldnt say its anything to do with him not finding you attractive..
    If its been 8 weeks put it on a plate he's sure not to say no :p:p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Bubbles09 wrote: »
    Hey all - I am due my baby in 3 weeks time and my partner hasn't came near me intimately in about 8 weeks now. I know its awkward with my big belly but I'm worried my pregnant body is a turn off for him - men please share your opinion on this.. :(

Might be a stupid question but have you tried to initiate anything? It's just that some men might think that you wouldn't be up for it, what with the excessive tiredness and everything else going on in there.

Maybe sit him down and have a chat with him and let him know that you are feeling a bit unattractive at the moment and is there a reason he's not coming onto you anymore. He might feel silly for not talking to you about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

why won't you talk to him instead of asking other people?

• Advertisement
Advertisement