Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Investigator Courses?

Options
  • 28-07-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Not sure if Im in the right section but looking for information on Private Investigator Courses. Preferably Distance learning as my full time job keeps me very busy so the chance to tip away at the course at my own pace would be ideal. I've searched online and seen courses available but I don't know which to choose as Im not sure how "credible" the qualification is or indeed if it would be recognized within the industry.

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭47

Hi OP

Most private investigator courses are not recognised by the various investigation/surveillance companies. I work within the security sector as a close protection operative and know of a few colleauges who have done some of these pi courses and got nothing from them.

However, Doing a private investigstion course will you give you a very basic understanding of how these type of operations are conducted. A few of the well know investigation agencies in Ireland are run by people with garda/military backgrounds and they wont generally consider anyone without that type of background. The best thing to do is to mail some of the companies and they`ll give you the best advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭AndyC555

Thank for the reply 47. Do you mean email PI companies in Ireland and see if they can recommend a course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭47

Yep send them an email and they`ll best advise you :pac:

Advertisement