Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanic?

Options
  • 29-07-2010 12:11am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm heading up to Belfast with my family for two days on Mon/Tues and the only thing I want to do when up there is go see the Titanic exhibitions and stuff. However I am now hearing that most of the best stuff is in the exhibition that was in CityWest that I never managed to get to. Is that true?

What is there to see Titanic Wise and where would be the best places to go for a Titanic obsessed girl like me?

Also any other recommendations for good places for the family to go would be welcome? tis my parents, my two younger brothers (13 and 17) and myself! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

As far as I know there is still sod-all to see with regards to the Titanic. The Belfast Bus tour will take you down to peer over a high wall into the Titanic dock, and the Nomadic is moored somewhere but isn't restored yet.

There might be a few bits and pieces in the Ulster Museum and Transport Museum? Not sure though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Would there be much like pieces of the Titanic or things like that?

I'm really disappointed now! I'd always heard that Belfast had loads of Titanic stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Would there be much like pieces of the Titanic or things like that?

I'm really disappointed now! I'd always heard that Belfast had loads of Titanic stuff!

Am happy to be corrected by someone better informed but Titanic exhibitions have been in the pipeline for about 10 years - nothings built yet though.

Its a shame on the city tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

Yep I heard last December from some tourists that the Titanic Exhibition (not sure where it is, maybe down on the H&W docks) was a waste of time. But the city bus tour is a must to see...I have lost count of the times I have been on it. Because Belfast is a changing city, it is always worth a look at the old & new elements of the city. And the bus guides are great, they bring humour into it and are very knowledgable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Vado

There's a section for the Titanic amongst other things at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum at Cultra. As far as i'm aware, the train stops pretty close to it but everytime I've been there, it's been by car so I couldn't say for sure.

http://www.nmni.com/uftm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

Vado wrote: »
    There's a section for the Titanic amongst other things at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum at Cultra. As far as i'm aware, the train stops pretty close to it but everytime I've been there, it's been by car so I couldn't say for sure.

http://www.nmni.com/uftm
    That is an excellent Museum - I have been ther twice and well worth a visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Vado

I do enjoy it myself. I was always more intrigued by the transport section and seeing all the old vehicles. That and the old village, in the printing press in the old news articles there's some of my family in it and also the sweet shop is amazing too. Haven't been in years though and I used to go every easter when I was younger

Advertisement