Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Been posted before......

• 29-07-2010 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

I know it's been said before in this forum. Lest any should forget....

I was in Gunns today to buy some gear and I have to say how incredibly friendly the service was, and the price was absolutely second to none. The money I saved with them bought me a lastolite 30" trigrip and an 18cm reflector with grid. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Absolutely, it's always a pleasure doing business with them. They make spending money so easy :)

And while we're talking about good value and customer service, I visited Barkers in Cork the other week, the staff were fantastic, knew everything I could imagine, let me walk around the storeroom and see what they had, and the prices were excellent. Would definitely recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I got an excellent deal off them (Bakers) last year on a couple of Elinchrom BxRi's. Have to say the service was very good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Markham

Agreed about Gunns. Went in there on recommendations from this forum, found them wonderfully friendly and helpful. I'll be going back for sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not too often you get served by someone holding a baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

lastolite 30" trigrip
    `

Can I ask how much was the trigrip? Cheers

• Advertisement

jpb1974 wrote: »
    `

Can I ask how much was the trigrip? Cheers

Yeah it was €65. I was out testing with the little one and have to say it's much easier than using one of the round bottle top ones. The grip makes it so easy to handle. Even in a fairly breezy conditions.

Cheers for that.. bit expensive (not Gunn's fault) when you consider it's circular 2nd cousin can be had for about €20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i have a tri grip too it is streets apart from the round ones

TBH I already have a 31cm circular and it does the job I want it to do. For me a €65 reflector with the advantage of being able to hold it in my hand with a bit more ease is pushing it.

Anyway... back to Gunn's... agreed good shop... some good deals up there (€45 for Fuji Hunt C-41 Dev kit recently, cheaper than the web)... friendly people and always willing to give advice.

Agreed with Stcstc. It just feels so much better than the circular type. The circular one I have is about 100cm and is way too hard to handle when out and about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Are Gunns on Wexford St?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yep, just up from protestant row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

not too often you get served by someone holding a baby.
    and from each sister. ;)

Kathy also takes pics of their hippy scruffy punters when they buy expensive lens of them!

09F3A6BF29944604923195E73CD30277-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Especially if they're carrying bags of meat in their pockets. Pffft 'vegetarian'...

My fiancee is a savage, hence the reason I probably have a mistress. :cool:

Advertisement