Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Dingle ...

Options
  • 29-07-2010 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

Well folks I'm making the perilous trip ;) from Cork to Dingle mid-September for a two night stay in a B and B with my gf. It's been about 10 years since I set foot in Dingle - what has changed? What are the main sights, best pubs and restaurants? I'm looking forward to Fungi, Acquarium and Cum Ui Noel (awful spelling but how I pronounce it!). I believe there used to be a food festival on around that time but it has now moved to October? Anyway thoughts and tips for some good food and fun appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

One of the nicest beaches is Binn Bán.

Nice walk too, straight from the town-If you are at Ashes pub turn towards the Droichead Beag and keep walking straight, you will end up having to walk on the main road a bit before turning right-but ask around when you get there-fabulous beach anytime of day and well worth the stroll.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Murphy's Ice cream has to be visited.:p
    For food,we love Fentons, the Goat street cafe and Fish (on the marina.)
    Fentons do a great early bird special offer.Tigh Bhric is Riasc do good toasties and soup

Pubs: Foxys Johns and Currans ( at the top of main street.)The female loo in Foxy's is worth the trip alone:D:D

Clothair beach-back west, near Louis Mulcahy's is ,like Com uí Neoil, not safe for swimming but the views and waves are worth it.If you want to swim, I suggest Wine strand, far more sheltered than Ventry beach and even though Ventry in blue flag, I think Wine strand is cleaner.

If the day is fine, a trip out to the Great Blasket,if not the interperetive centre is excellent(and I usually hate them)

Just up from there ,you can go to see the Ryan's daughter school, on the edge of the cliffs, one of the few physical reamins left from the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Murphy's Ice cream has to be visited.:p
    For food,we love Fentons, the Goat street cafe and Fish (on the marina.)
    Fentons do a great early bird special offer.Tigh Bhric is Riasc do good toasties and soup

Pubs: Foxys Johns and Currans ( at the top of main street.)The female loo in Foxy's is worth the trip alone:D:D

Clothair beach-back west, near Louis Mulcahy's is ,like Com uí Neoil, not safe for swimming but the views and waves are worth it.If you want to swim, I suggest Wine strand, far more sheltered than Ventry beach and even though Ventry in blue flag, I think Wine strand is cleaner.

If the day is fine, a trip out to the Great Blasket,if not the interperetive centre is excellent(and I usually hate them)

Just up from there ,you can go to see the Ryan's daughter school, on the edge of the cliffs, one of the few physical reamins left from the film.

Ah Foxy John's, my source of rental bikes in summers gone by! Com uí Neoil - thanks for the correct spelling! Great advice all around, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Foxys has undergone renovation at the rear - big extension and new toilets... no more adventures to be had visiting the loo I'm afraid! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Don't know if it is the right sort of trip for it but there is a very good indoor climbing wall there. Good fun for beginners and the experienced alike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Darlughda wrote: »
    One of the nicest beaches is Binn Bán.

Nice walk too, straight from the town-If you are at Ashes pub turn towards the Droichead Beag and keep walking straight, you will end up having to walk on the main road a bit before turning right-but ask around when you get there-fabulous beach anytime of day and well worth the stroll.

You are better off heading down to the skellig hotel and doing the coast walk out to bín bán, you get to walk by the lighthouse as well

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Plek Trum wrote: »
    Foxys has undergone renovation at the rear - big extension and new toilets... no more adventures to be had visiting the loo I'm afraid! :D
    ladies is still upstairs, afaik.

Advertisement