Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fence

Options
  • 29-07-2010 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

my neighbour put up a new fence, took down the old 1 but replaced it with a 5 foot high 1, the other 1 was 7 foot, so whats the best thing to attach to it to get my privacy back, any replies appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You could attach trellis to the top of it for a bit more height, then grow climbing plants along it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

thanks 4 reply, thats a good idea, wud it stand up to wind though. anything else looking 4 quick and easy inexpensive way to add privacy. also whats the quickest growing and hardy plants to use, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Are you likely to get any aggravation from the neighbour? Whose fence was it to start with? Rule of thumb is that the fence belongs to the side with the supports, that doesn't always entirely work though. If you fasten something to 'his' fence is he likely to remove it? Safest might be to put higher fence panels on your side of the posts, or put in independant uprights and fix trellis to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

hadepsx wrote: »
    my neighbour put up a new fence, took down the old 1 but replaced it with a 5 foot high 1, the other 1 was 7 foot, so whats the best thing to attach to it to get my privacy back, any replies appreciated thanks.

Would you not have a friendly chat with your neighbour to discuss matters?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

thanks 4 replies, its the mans fences nxt door, he said to put up/attach stuff to fence if i want more privacy, i just want to know whats the best thing to put up that wont blow down once it gets more windy, i was thinking of building my own wooden frame then attach bamboo screening to that, would that do. any1 have exp. with bamboo; does it rot quickly. cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement