Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamer Expo - Irish Gaming Expo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

If the cosplay competition is hidden somewhere away from everything else then yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

is there a LAN ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Ill go for the craic, just to see what its like I suppose. Only a 10-15 min drive from me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Sounds interesting, but that site could use a bit of meat/community section.
    Who is running it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Sounds interesting, but that site could use a bit of meat/community section.
    Who is running it?

There doesn't seem to be any info on who is running this.

Also, I wonder if the E10 fee just gets you into the venue, but you have to pay more to enter 'LAN wars'?

Should be more info by the end of the week. Says on their facebook that their full site should launch today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Could be a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Cosplay event is being held on Halloween, so the entrants won't really look that out of place... I guess.

Yeah I kinda want more info on it too. Heard the whole weekend tickets are only €20 though.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Im hoping its an expo and not just a tournament or LAN event. If i can see and test out new games set for xmas then ill be very interested. Its too far for me to drive to Dublin just to play games i can play from home.

Im heading to Gamescom in Germany in 3 weeks really looking forward to that have some interviews and hands on time lined up for Red faction, homefront, Killzone 3, GT5, LBP2 and sony and EA press conferences to attend cant flipping wait !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Really wish they'd get more info on their web site.

koHd wrote: »
    Really wish they'd get more info on their web site.

Site hasnt launched yet its meant to be today sometime so expect more info later or tomor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Just reminded me how much I hate that font (silly thing to focus on I know).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Site still hasnt launched :S and no info on there facebook page either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Could be interesting. Site not live yet though :(

🤪

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I met these guys the other day out in Citywest, the site will be launching this week. they are really sound guys and the event is going to be huge. seriously this is the biggest gaming event EVER in Ireland. I got a tour of the centre and seen the floor plan this is going to be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

looks fun :) so its 20 euro for the whole 3 days is it? and then like a 10 if u wanna just go for one day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

The site is now live. Can't wait to go, cheap enough too, especially if there's any swag.

If you still get the countdown on the website refresh the page that worked for me.

Bag of goodies is always a good idea, people like free things

FREE HAT ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm going to this if it's real :)

Its real alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Isn't this on the same time as the London one?Not good timing if it is

• Advertisement

nah thats the 1st to the 3rd of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

keithgeo wrote: »
    nah thats the 1st to the 3rd of October.

Nah,that's the Eurogamer one, the London MCM Expo is on the Halloween weekend, and I think the Golden Joystick Awards are the same time aswell

titan18 wrote: »
    Nah,that's the Eurogamer one, the London MCM Expo is on the Halloween weekend, and I think the Golden Joystick Awards are the same time aswell

Right you are, i just checked it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Who's behind it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Doodee wrote: »
    Who's behind it?

http://www.gamersireland.ie/

Thats not correct actually, gamersireland.ie have nothing to do with really, we will promote it on the site and elsewhere as much as we can along with a bunch of other irish gaming sites but thats it. Two other guys are the brains behind it and are putting a lot of work and effort into making it a great weekend for all of us gamers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The who are the other guys, why are the doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Is their any point in a guy who knows very little about PC games going? Is it basically going to be all about shooting games basically? I am not in to them tbh. Might go 1 day and see what its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

If there is enough content for the PC gamer im there (LAN party doesnt interest me). If its just Console noobs pre-releases, i'll give it a pass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have to be honest, I take exception to the video claiming that this is the first time ever that the gaming world has come to Ireland. Like a lot of people here, I've been helping to run LANs in this country for over 10 years (Galway LAN and LanParty.ie). I've seen us sending teams to international competitions. I've also been involved with the World Cyber Games. However, that's a small complaint and I realise they're only saying that for reasons of hype.

I am planning on going to the event and I really do hope it takes off. Details still seem to be sketchy though, I'd love to hear what's actually happening rather than just a list of events.

Advertisement