Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok, FML!!

Options
  • 29-07-2010 4:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

So I've only been on fags for about 3 years now, since i was 18 i started. Don't ask me why but i did lol.

Wouldn't say a heavy smoker, but would get through 3 box's a week, and i also went through a period of around 8 months of smoking weed, hash and that sh*t from the hemp shops.

Decided to give up last March, near the end because my Nan had recently passed on and she had problems with her lungs from smoking. And i didn't want my Mother worrying about me as well as i knew she was going through a hard time with her mother passing on.

So yea, i was off them till last Friday, my 21st was the Thursday and i said f*ck it, i'll have 1 or 2 now with a few mates and have a few Saturday night when we go out.

So overall, i had about 2 box's over Friday and Saturday.

And low and behold i'm back craving them again, i haven't had any since early Sunday morning because i spent all my money on re newing my car insurance and the night out.

F*ck cigs in general. Worst drug by far :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

They are indeed bad. I just quit smoking myself after smoking moderately for 2 years. Been off them for a few weeks now. Weirdly, didnt have any cravings. Try to keep your mind occupied as much as you can. Every time you think about having a cigarette, smack yourself or bash your hand against a wall or something similar. Thats how a friend of mine quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

I suppose not having any money is a good thing then, cause i would have a pack in my hand now. Will have to give it another few days till i stop thinking about them.

Hard as hell tho when i'm driving a long distance on my own, or just chilling with a few mates watching TV or sitting in the sun. There the times i find the hardest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Ok, first of all, please dont use that phrase "FML". makes you sound like a 13 year old emo kid.
    Mak_United wrote: »
    So yea, i was off them till last Friday, my 21st was the Thursday and i said f*ck it, i'll have 1 or 2 now with a few mates and have a few Saturday night when we go out.

So overall, i had about 2 box's over Friday and Saturday.

And low and behold i'm back craving them again,

of course you do. For 99.99999% smokers, it is impossible to have just one, or to be a casual smoker. Thats why you have to go off them completely, dont have any more, not one
    My OH can go out and smoke a pack on a night out, and not want any for a month. drives me nuts! :mad:

i haven't had any since early Sunday morning because i spent all my money on re newing my car insurance and the night out.

F*ck cigs in general. Worst drug by far :(

well you're off to a good start there. you're past the first 3 days, which are the worst becasue all the nicotine is leaving your system. So just keep it up. And tell everyone you're giving up, tell them not to give you any if you ask. No matter how drunk you are ;)

As for you're triggers, find something else to do when these set in. chew on a pencil, chew chewings gum, eat mints, drink water, anything but smoke a fag. after a couple of weeks your association with smoking at these times will fade. Im off them over 3 weeks and mine have.

Best of Luck, and keep posting in here, let us know how you're getting on

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Mackman wrote: »
    Ok, first of all, please dont use that phrase "FML". makes you sound like a 13 year old emo kid.

of course you do. For 99.99999% smokers, it is impossible to have just one, or to be a casual smoker. Thats why you have to go off them completely, dont have any more, not one
    My OH can go out and smoke a pack on a night out, and not want any for a month. drives me nuts! :mad:

well you're off to a good start there. you're past the first 3 days, which are the worst becasue all the nicotine is leaving your system. So just keep it up. And tell everyone you're giving up, tell them not to give you any if you ask. No matter how drunk you are ;)

As for you're triggers, find something else to do when these set in. chew on a pencil, chew chewings gum, eat mints, drink water, anything but smoke a fag. after a couple of weeks your association with smoking at these times will fade. Im off them over 3 weeks and mine have.

Best of Luck, and keep posting in here, let us know how you're getting on

Yea no prob about the 'FML' phrase.

Yea was very tempted to go out and buy a pack today but bought a bottle of water instead.

Don't feel like one now tho, prob because i'm wreaked :P

Cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Yea no prob about the 'FML' phrase.

Yea was very tempted to go out and buy a pack today but bought a bottle of water instead.

Don't feel like one now tho, prob because i'm wreaked :P

Cheers for the reply.

Well done! Im impressed. Keep doing that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement