Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is It A Sin To Like Meat Loaf?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Kiera wrote: »
    ♪♪♪ baby we can talk all night ♪♪♪

But that ain't getting us nowhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Paradise by the Dashboard Light
    Doesn't get much funnier than that.

AH->Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

is there any band you've been ever been ashamed to be a fan of?

I put this here as opposed to Rock/Metal because I think it's an interesting question of people's perception of what's cool and what's not.....
    You were probably better off putting it in the general Music forum as you'd get a skewed set of responses in Rock & Metal.

Personally I don't dislike Meatloaf but I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to his stuff. It's definitely not a sin to like his music.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I frickin' LOVE Meat Loaf! Went to see him with my Mam :cool: in Bundoran 2 years ago. He was brilliant.

Me and my family made the Independent because he postponed it by 24 hrs!

Have ye heard "Hang Cool Teddy Bear"? It's good! Jack Black and Hugh Laurie are in it. Meat is in flying form vocally. It takes a couple of listens to get used to the fact that it's not Steinman but Rob Cavallo.

Meat isn't feeling too well with the last week though and has had to cancel 3 shows in America.

His backing band, The NEverland Express are tight to say the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Meatloaf is a god.
    Your mate needs to be smacked with a vinyl copy of Bat Out Of Hell.

Incidently, my uncle looks exactly like Robert Paulson.

His name is Uncle Dave.
    His name is Uncle Dave.
    His name is Uncle Dave...

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    Meatloaf is a god.
    Your mate needs to be smacked with a vinyl copy of Bat Out Of Hell.

Incidently, my uncle looks exactly like Robert Paulson.

His name is Uncle Dave.
    His name is Uncle Dave.
    His name is Uncle Dave...

I have that vinyl in the attic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

Meatloaf is great, I have is Monster Is Loose album, mad craic altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

OP: You like what you like, regardless of who or what band it is, or what era they come from. I would not pay any attention to what others think. Think of how boring the world would be if we all liked the same music.

Meatloaf is great, I have is Monster Is Loose album, mad craic altogether.

Oh, the album that Meat Loaf would burn out of existence if he was able to. He hates almost everything about that album as it brought about major legal battles and personal turmoil for himself.

I love that album myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

For his epic videos alone he's class. "I Would Do Anything...", "All Coming Back to Me Now" and "I'd Lie For You" are great cinematic music videos.

• Advertisement
Advertisement