Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funny side lost as Di Grassi alters Glock quote

• 29-07-2010 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

From motorsport.com

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Lucas di Grassi has survived an uncomfortable gaffe within the Virgin team.
    After the Hockenheim race, the team's press officer Tracy Novak reportedly presented both the Brazilian rookie and his teammate Timo Glock with proposed official quotes for the media release.
    The normal practice in the team is for the drivers to make proposed changes in writing, before reporters receive the release by email.
    Motorsport-total.com reveals that although it was probably a prank, di Grassi, 25, amended German Glock's official comment.
    The quote received by the media read: "It was a difficult start to the race as Lucas overtook me in a brilliant move".
    Glock said: "When I read it I was very surprised -- I can guarantee I didn't say it."
    The German report indicates that Virgin did not see the funny side either, particularly after di Grassi retired from the race due to hitting a kerb too hard.
    [/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

In fairness it's not very funny. He really didn't put much effort in to it at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Well he got it published all over the place and surprised Glock... pretty cheeky. Massa would probaly have loved to switch around Alonsos press quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Come on. We need more of this sort of stuff. Imagine what would happen now a days if a driver threw another drivers brief case out of a helicopter ?!!!

Three race ban ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

thegoth wrote: »
    Come on. We need more of this sort of stuff.

true, but it should at least be funny. The comparison wtih Moto GP, particularly after race celebrations shows how dry F1 has become. I mean fining driver for doughnuts and not allowing them carry flags and stuff is just childish

Advertisement