Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent supplement to landlord or tenant?

Options
  • 29-07-2010 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

hi,

hope im writing in the correct forum.....i have rented my house in kildare to a social welfare tenant. june was paid in advance and july (and subs months will be in arrears) so rent is due today. i have been keeping in contact with the tenant but yesterday he told me he would be getting the rent supplement and would transfer it on to me....
    i cant get in touch with the officer in charge of his case, they dont take calls aparantely (???!!!) so wondering if anyone can verify that? does rent supp go to the tenant and then they forward onto me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

yes it goes to the tennant normally in arrears of 1 month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

It depends on the authority, they don't seem to be all the same. In general it goes to the tenant, and in arrears of 1 month. Which kinda defeats the purpose of 1 months rent as a deposit. You really need two.

Lcoal authority won't talk to landlords about their clients. In my experience they aren't that interested in helping anyone out. In my area they were until recently 5 months behind with rent due to a backlog.

Advertisement