Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saracen Race bike

• 29-07-2010 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,
    Looking to buy my first race/road bike & I've come upon a secondhand Saracen(Morzine I think) going for around 200 notes. Would this be a good buy for a starter bike?

Any opinions or experience wit saracen, good or bad greatly welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

If its like the one in the link below and in good condition then 200 would be ok. However if it is the 2005 model then a lot of parts might be worn. Might be worth getting someone to have a look at it before buying.

http://www.bikes2udirect.com/B1017.html

lefthooker wrote: »
    Hey lads,
    Looking to buy my first race/road bike & I've come upon a secondhand Saracen(Morzine I think) going for around 200 notes. Would this be a good buy for a starter bike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭amjon.

Hey lads,

First road bike I got was a Saracen Tour, think it is the model below the Morzine. An absolutely fantastic bike, rode it into the ground. If it is reasonable condition then I'd snap it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Had a look at it this evening. Its a Morzine, like the 1 in the link, needs a few tweaks & a good clean but took it for a spin & it seemed to be in good nick. So I parted wit the cash. Used my charm & got it for a lot less.
    Next question - do I really need 2 bikes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭amjon.

Had a look at it this evening. Its a Morzine, like the 1 in the link, needs a few tweaks & a good clean but took it for a spin & it seemed to be in good nick. So I parted wit the cash. Used my charm & got it for a lot less.

If you commute then yes. If not then probably not. The methadone addled scum that roam the streets of Dublin will find any road bike very easy to shift for their next bag shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

you only have two...... :pac:

Two is pretty common

1) Nice bike for long spins at the weekend.

2) Hack bike for cycling to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Commuting is a 50yd stroll across the field & into the milking parlour
    We'll see how much use I have for 2

Advertisement