Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic free walking or cycling areas for children near Ennis ??

• 29-07-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I was wondering where is there around Ennis to take young children for a walk or a cycle (on stabilisers) away from traffic. The ones I'm aware of are:

1) Lee's Road facility. Nice walks, and paths to cycle on
    2) Dromore Woods near Ruan
    3) Small woodland walk in Ballybeg
    4) Walk around Ballyalla Lake

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

youve pretty much nailed it there, there is also the tim smyth park (fairgreen) in town
    not much here in ennis for kids, its a disgrace, although i hear they are planning a lovely kids area for lees road in august/sept

there are more golf clubs in this country then kid's parks, god bless the celtic tiger :mad:

http://www.clareherald.com/regional/964-new-playground-to-be-built-at-lees-road.html

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ktc1

The new childrens playground is open in Lee's Road and it's a utter f'ing disgrace. Any more than eight-ten children and it's overcrowded. (two baby swings, two older swings, a small slide, three bouncy springs and a small climbing frame). It's stuck like an after thought at the corner of the running track. We'll continue to go to the big city playgrounds of Corofin and Kildysart (I was in Inis Thiar last month and even their playground is miles better)!! It's an awful pity they dropped the ball with this because overall the Lee's road is a fantastic facility.

I spoke (alright ranted :)) to a an engineer from the council at the weekend and he reckoned it was down to not having the funds to do a decent sized playground. He also thought there were plans to update the playground in the fairgreen, which in fairness should have been a priority over the one in Lees Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i didnt know the lees road one was done already, thats a shame, there is a nice one in shannon also, beside the pool, seems ok from the road

Advertisement