Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Never Dies

• 29-07-2010 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Love Never Dies Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom sequel

anyone seen it?

heading to london in 2 weeks and wondering if we should go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 C86

Ive been to see it. It was brilliant. I'd definately recommend going. Id book tickets soon though if possible. I wont give anything away but if youre the type of person who cries easily at movies and things bring kleenex :). I cant say too much anyway because I saw it really early and apparently changes have been made since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

defo go
    seen it and its brilliant
    go.you wont be dissapointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Really? All the reviews so far have pretty much said it was dire. Interesting that you two found it great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Yeah its not great. The book is awful and there are only 1 or 2 memorable songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mittle

I didn't like it all. Couldn't remember a single song the next day. If you really want to, I'd check it out, everyone is different! But otherwise there are plenty of better ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Wasn't mad on it until the very end of the first act. The Beauty Underneath hooked me in. The music wasn't spectacular but I still really enjoyed it.
    If you can afford to see it then I'd say go to see it. But when I was in London it was the most expensive show running as far as I could tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 The Little Fellow

Would you recommend seeing it if you've never seen Phantom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

I would advise seeing phantom first. Although love never dies is a great show ,you will get more out of it if you have seen phantom first. If you can,it's still on in London. If not ,buy or rent the film 19.99 hmv.

Okay, thanks for the reply! I would love to see the stage show first, so I'll try and do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Little Fellow, even if you don't get to see Love Never Dies, Phantom is definitely worth seeing in it's own right. Fantastic show.

• Advertisement

Thanks! I only mention seeing Love Never Dies first because my friend wants to take me to see it. But I'd rather get the most out of the show, so I think I'll buy tickets to see Phantom, first!

I just found a good site that details Love Never Dies as well as the theatre (Adelphi) and it has hotels and everything! Just thought I'd share it with you guys:

http://www.adelphitheatrelondon.com/whats-on/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Just so you know you can get half price tickets at the TKTS booth in Leicester Square.

I was well aware of its flaws going in so I enjoyed it for what it was. But some of the people around me hated it. Its major problem is the book. Just an awful storyline.

On a positive the cast are excellent, and I do like a couple of the tunes. But I doubt you'll be humming them the following day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭ebaysellerrob

its good but there are things you should over look like the fact the characters are the complete opposite of the ones he built up in phantom also he lifted songs from other works of his like that one called the end game(think thats what it was called)some songs sound similar to other existing songs to as a stand alone its great as the the second phantom of the operas its weak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭ebaysellerrob

its also very ballad heavy and you wont remember the tunes once you have left the opera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

its also very ballad heavy and you wont remember the tunes once you have left the opera
    True, I have the double CD and the songs aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

annastunt wrote: »
    not watched it yet. Should i go for it or not?

Well, although it did have one or two boring bits I loved it and have booked to go again later this year. A couple I know who live in London have already seen it 12 times!! I believe that recently there have been changes made since I saw it, though.

Just because you don't come out humming the songs is no reason not to like a musical. If the whole thing works on the night and you leave the theatre having enjoyed what you've just seen what more do you want?

Advertisement