Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

portlaoise 10k

• 29-07-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all,just want to know does anybody know anything about this event thats taking place on sept 12th.Apart from a billboard on the end of a house which is where i saw the date,there dosent seem to be any website or any information on any of the forums.How in day and age do the organisers of this event expect people to take part in it if no one knows it taking place!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

This sounds like the race I ran last autumn...... it was organised then for the carers association i think.... hq was at a gaa pitch/complex in portlaoise, with the race mainly roads around the outskirts of town..... however, as portlaoise is the home of roundabouts, we had to go through a million of these.......
    the lead car disappeared early in what was the final mile and myself and another consequently turned the 10k into about 12k:eek:
    apart from this was a well organised race, but am 50/50 whether i'll be back or not

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

I ran this last year and yes, it was run for the carers association.

It was a well run event except for the start where we had to walk from the clubhouse to the start line which was about a mile away, when we got there it had already started.

It's run for charity, it's just a fun 10k run, no timing chiop/results so if you're going for a PB this is not the race for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

This sounds like the race I ran last autumn...... it was organised then for the carers association i think.... hq was at a gaa pitch/complex in portlaoise, with the race mainly roads around the outskirts of town..... however, as portlaoise is the home of roundabouts, we had to go through a million of these.......
    the lead car disappeared early in what was the final mile and myself and another consequently turned the 10k into about 12k:eek:
    apart from this was a well organised race, but am 50/50 whether i'll be back or not

From the sound of the above posts why on earth would anybody do it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 door handles

Thanks for the replies,just thought id give it a go seen as its fairly local to me,but after reading your reports from last years event,maybe not!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

Thanks for the replies,just thought id give it a go seen as its fairly local to me,but after reading your reports from last years event,maybe not!:eek:

It is for a good cause and there's a good spread of food at the end. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement